Cancer

Cancer Guide

ask: Is it true that we all have cancer in us - but only some of us are diagnosed?

By Marie-Claire

I know this question sounds really odd but I have read and heard several times that all of us actually carry around cancerous cells (or the potential of it) in our bodies.

And due to stress, a compromised immune system or other variables, some of us actually get full blown cancer, and the rest of us remain with the cancer never fully realizing itself.

Does anyone know anything about this train of thought?

Tina Tran

I think I've heard questions along this line as well. In fact, my brother-in-law, who's a cardiologist once told me that if a man lives long enough, he will get prostate cancer which implies that age may be a predictor. I have also heard of the concept cancer families but like age, genetics is only one of the factors.

According to Cancer Research that was established with England's NHS, other factors include risky behavior, chance
and as you mentioned, your immune system. You can find out more by reading this article ...Why don't we all get cancer? They also provide links to specific information on how each factor affects the outcome for cancer.

Have you ever participated in a clinical trial?: