More than 7 days of Menstrual with a minor break

By Anonymous December 21, 2015 - 11:44pm

Last month my cycle came on twice in a month. Then 3 weeks later it was back on again with each time giving me abdominal pains. I went to the hospital where my hemoglobin was extremely low; received 2 pints of blood plus iron pills. They performed ultra sounds, x-rays, as well as blood test. Thank God nothing was founded; however now I am at a light bleeding again. I have only been without a period for 4 days. If all is showing that things are ok what else could be possibly causing this?

Thank you,
Lost and confused

Hi DeeDee

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're going through this. The good news is that it sounds like they scanned you for any masses/tumors and found none.

What kind of blood tests did they do? If they didn't do a test on your hormone levels then you need to ask for that to be done. Continue to work with your own doctor to determine a diagnosis and treatment option.