ask: My Urethra is enlarged/swollen with NO other symptons, no pain, itching, nothing!

I only noticed this as I was washing myself in the shower. We all know what we feel like, and I suddenly noticed a bump inside my vaginal lips, right beside my vagina. I have looked at it with a mirror a number of times, it is surely my urethra, and it is enlarged...it actually looks like a teeny little penis head ! (a really teeny one). There is no pain, even when touching it, no burning or itching, no problems when I pee. I went to a male doctor, he didn't see any obvious problem, but he said he did feel a bump inside me, he thought may be a cyst ? I think he didn't have a clue actually, he is going to send me to a gynecologist, but it will take months to get an appointment. I am 48 years old, my period is starting to become irregular, and just as of a few days ago...I think I am starting to get hot flashes! I am very healthy, I have never had any real 'womens' problems, other than occasional itching or burning, but that has been usually after a hot weekend! lol. I have searched all over the internet for some answers, but I only find enlarged/swollen urethra issues that are associated with other symptoms. Has anyone any idea of what may be going on with me ? Thank you !

Anonymous

Hi, Ok so I need some advice. For the past 3 months I have had some swollen tissue inside and at the opening of my vagina. I have had no pain, no itching, no burning, or any other discomfort. I went to the gynecologist and she said I had a bacteria infection which could have caused it. I took my antibiotics but the swelling is still there. She also acted like I didn't have a big problem and that it isn't very swollen. But to me, compared to how my vagina use to look/feel it's very swollen. Anyone have any ideas of what this could be? Thanks

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It sounds like this is a vaginal problem not a urethral one so I think you need to head back to your doctor and ask for more information on what this swelling could be. Even a small amout of swelling down there can be very uncomfortable. 

Sometimes doctor's dismiss patients' concerns when they don't have answers, leaving the patient feeling helpless. If your doctor cannot help you, ask her to refer you to someone who can.

Anonymous

I also feel like my urethral opening is a little swollen or larger than it should be, but it doesn't hurt at all. I'm an 18-year-old girl who has never had vaginal inter course. What do you think??

Anonymous

I am 16. I have a swollen urethra, a bad smell and I missed my period. I have no other symptoms. I am going to the gynecologist soon. But I'm worried and curious as to what this could be.

Anonymous

I am 18 year old girl I have swollen urthra no itching and all...my gynecologist told me I have enometral hyperlasia ...can I should worry about my swollen urethra or it will be OK...????? Reply

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Endometrial hyperplasia occurs when the endometrium, the lining of the uterus, becomes too thick. It most often is caused by excess estrogen without progesterone. If ovulation does not occur, progesterone is not made, and the lining is not shed. The endometrium may continue to grow in response to estrogen. The cells that make up the lining may crowd together and may become abnormal. This condition, called hyperplasia, may lead to cancer in some women.

Any specific concerns you may have should be discussed with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

I also have a swollen urethra, no STD's my OB gave me cream to relieve the swelling and pain from sitting on it wrong or even walking irratates it.
I am constantly feel the need to have an orgasm, even if I've had one. I am married 28 years and I am 63 years old.
I am at my wits end. What is wrong with me and how can I get healed?? HELP!!

I should also include that the swelling goes from the back of my vagina to the outer front of the urethra opening. My urethra is so swollen I can't sit or stand for very long. No STD's , OB checked me out. Why isn't the cream Estrace helping?

Anonymous

I've been having this lump under my clitoris, inside my labia minora, above my vagina. It's not irritating, itchy nor discolored. Just that. Been sexually active for months now. About once a week. What is this? How wiill it be un-swollen?

You need to be examined by your gynecologist, who can determine what it is, the cause and recommend treatment.

Regards,

How do you control your PMS?: