Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: My Urethra is enlarged/swollen with NO other symptons, no pain, itching, nothing!

By Desiree144

I only noticed this as I was washing myself in the shower. We all know what we feel like, and I suddenly noticed a bump inside my vaginal lips, right beside my vagina. I have looked at it with a mirror a number of times, it is surely my urethra, and it is enlarged...it actually looks like a teeny little penis head ! (a really teeny one). There is no pain, even when touching it, no burning or itching, no problems when I pee. I went to a male doctor, he didn't see any obvious problem, but he said he did feel a bump inside me, he thought may be a cyst ? I think he didn't have a clue actually, he is going to send me to a gynecologist, but it will take months to get an appointment. I am 48 years old, my period is starting to become irregular, and just as of a few days ago...I think I am starting to get hot flashes! I am very healthy, I have never had any real 'womens' problems, other than occasional itching or burning, but that has been usually after a hot weekend! lol. I have searched all over the internet for some answers, but I only find enlarged/swollen urethra issues that are associated with other symptoms. Has anyone any idea of what may be going on with me ? Thank you !

Anonymous

I also have a swollen urethra, no STD's my OB gave me cream to relieve the swelling and pain from sitting on it wrong or even walking irratates it.
I am constantly feel the need to have an orgasm, even if I've had one. I am married 28 years and I am 63 years old.
I am at my wits end. What is wrong with me and how can I get healed?? HELP!!

I should also include that the swelling goes from the back of my vagina to the outer front of the urethra opening. My urethra is so swollen I can't sit or stand for very long. No STD's , OB checked me out. Why isn't the cream Estrace helping?

Anonymous

I've been having this lump under my clitoris, inside my labia minora, above my vagina. It's not irritating, itchy nor discolored. Just that. Been sexually active for months now. About once a week. What is this? How wiill it be un-swollen?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to be examined by your gynecologist, who can determine what it is, the cause and recommend treatment.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Was the original post from desiree ever answered??? I cannot find a reply anywhere? I have a similar issue.

You can find the reply to the original post on the last page.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi! I'm a 22 year old female who is very sexually active with her partner. Recently, what i think is, my urethral orifice has become very swollen. To the point of being able to even feel it when i sit in certain ways. There no real pain, itching, or anything, coming from it. I'm not peeing blood, seeing puss, or feeling any inside pain but it does feel uncomfortable when pressure is on it. Like having intercourse and if i wipe over it too hard. My partner and i have pretty rough sex most of the time. Also we have sex at least once or twice a day everyday for the last two months and i'm a 5'4 petite women while he's a 6'5 guy with a pretty long and girthey penis. Could this just be from sex or is there something truly wrong with me???
Other facts that may help:
Boyfriend and I have recently been checked of STDs.
I did have a UTI the week before.
I've been on a pill form birth control for the last 3 months.

Please help me.

Your symptoms can be linked to frequent and aggressive sexual intercourse. Try modifying your routine. Use adequate lubrication. Take it easy. If the symptoms do not go away, schedule an appointment for a physical exam with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi i'm a male and 14 I have never had sex and the tip of my urethra is a little puffy and no pain. I need to know how it came, is it an infection? please help.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This is a site for female health, you need to check with your doctor.

How do you control your PMS?: