My vagina smells different?

By October 20, 2014 - 6:59pm

I have never had sex. I don't do anything out of the norm. I know that the vagina is a self cleaning organ but sometimes I feel its not clean enough. I sometimes get days where it smells. Not sour but it smells. Or other days where the discharge seems a little off but its never consistant. Is it maybe stress? Or a hormone imbalance? I'm in college and stress is everrywhere right now. And well my diet is not as healthy as I would like but I can change that I it will help. Any suggestions?

Hi Lojolo

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Genitals aren't supposed to smell like flowers. They should not smell bad but some have just a smell. 

It can depend on diet (the fresher the better and it has been said that vegetarians have less body odor that non-vegetarians!) as well as what clothing you are wearing. Only wear cotton underwear or underwear with a cotton crotch.  Other materials will cause you to smell.

Soap and warm water in the shower should keep you fresh too. A soapy wash like Summer's Eve wash is good and it's gentle on sensitive skin. 

Discharge in all women varies, depending on where you are in your cycle. 

I hope this helps!