need help with menopause

i have been on hrt since i was 35 due to having a hormonal imabalance after having two children .k also havr polycsitic ovaries.i was well for a few years but i am now 51and going through the menopause and suffering badly.i have low periods when i believe my estrogen levels drops and i get depressed and cannot sleep.i have lots of very bad memories of the past going through my mind consistenley .i alreday have the maximum dosage of estridel tablet ,cream and metomorphine.i also apply estridolgel.my gynocoligist doesnot have any futher suggestions ..please advice me .i also take evening primrose oil and menopause supplements.tis effects me badly.
many thanks

Hello Anon

Thank you for reaching out to us - we are glad you found us. 

Despite your hormone replacements, I do think you need to be open to the fact that you may have depression, regardless of any medications you take or what period of life you are in. 

This is not uncommon for women.  But I think you are reliving life and instances that are long gone and things are becoming overwhelming for you. 

It's ok and there is lots of help out there.  Please talk to your doctor or a trusted friend about how you are feeling.  Your medication can be adjusted for you and you may need talk therapy or anti-depressants. 

I think your need to stop talking to your gynecologist and talk to a mental health professional who can help you a lot more. 

Will you do this and keep us posted, Anon? 

We hope to hear back from you soon,

Depression Guide