Never had menstrul period, I have a cyst a size of a ball on my right ovary; Is it possible to have children?

My daughter will be 17yrs old in two wks, The Dr. scheduled to remove right ovary 2days after her B-Day..Will she be able to have children in the future with one ovary?

I had my right ovary removed 22 years ago, when I was 36. It was encased by a cyst. It was discovered during an ultrasound after I had a miscarriage. When the Dr. discovered it and discussed the outcome, he said I would have problems conceiving and carrying to full term. Six months after the ovary removal surgery, I became pregnant. I received no hormone replacement therapy. I carried to full term and delivered a healthy baby. I was 2 months shy of my 38th birthday. My son is 21, alive and well. I hope this helps.

HERWriter Guide (reply to HorseyLady)

Thanks for sharing your experiences - they will really help our readers.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

Many women have children with one ovary - it can just take a little longer to get pregnant. 

If she has never had a period then that could be a problem in terms of infertility.  You and she need to have a detailed conversation with her doctor about this. 

We wish her the best-