Nipple Piercing: Bleeding when cleaning. Normal?

By March 16, 2012 - 11:29am

I wear a 38DD and I got both my nipples pierced on Monday March 12th and everything has been fine. The pain subsided by day 2! Thank goodness! I haven't really had any complications. Everything feels fine. My only concern is that my nipples do bleed a little bit while I'm cleaning them (Today is Friday March 16th).

Is that normal? I'm assuming that it's normal because it's technically an open wound but I just want a second opinion on the matter.

Is there anything I should look out for? Anyone with experience on the matter, I would really appreciate your advice and any helpful hints you'd be able to give.

I have had mine since June 30th so just about two months, they didn't hurt after the first day and they feel fine as if nothing is there, they seemed to have been healed perfectly. But then they looked as if they had little bubbles of blood and maybe puss on each ? I still wash them everyday, could it be from pushing them back and forth from cleaning ? I picked at it even though I know I shouldn't have but then they started to bleed , not a lot but still , there was blood, so I used my antibacterial soap, I guess I will see what happens by the morning , but what do you think I should do? Please help!

It sounds like you have an infection (pus) and picking at them is exacerbating this. Please seek medical care for these wounds.

Literally i had to sit and my ears ringed like crazy cuz i got SO dizzy. I was cleaning mi nipple piercing cuz it had a little bit of a bimp and i was blood and i decided to take my nip ring off to clean it and once i decided to put it back on all cleaned and everything half tru it i got dizzy and when i decided to lay in the bed my ears rang like crazy i couldn't listen just a ring . Then everything got back to normal . W

I got my pericings done 3 days ago and they dont hurt at all. But why is there i think its dry blood inside the nipple is that normal?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Lokkaa)

Hi Lokkaa

The bleeding may be from when the actual piercing happened. Monitor it and follow the instructions given. 

If there is further discharge or your nipples feel warm it could be a sign of infection. 

So i just got my nipples periced 3days ago
There are fine. But theres like dry blood inside my nipple is that normal??

Hi Susan,
No they are not bleeding anymore they are way better now, I began sleeping without a bra and it helped so much!
Thank you Susan

Anonymous (reply to yaya412)

I got my nipple pierced on August 30th. So far, so good. Im a 34D and i sleep with my bra on which was difficult for the first night but it's okay now.
I read online a post by a piercer who recommends sleeping with a bra on so thats what I've been doing. I think ill try to sleep without a bra too, but I move a lot when I sleep! haha :)
And how long after you pierced it did it start bleeding? Mine done it the first time I cleaned it.. but not since then. Sounds normal though, doesn't sound like an infection!

Hi yaya

Can you sleep on your back, topless? That could help avoid irritation. Also, wearing a cami with a shelf bra may also help.

It doesn't sound like you have an infection but are you still bleeding?

im going through the exact same thing,
except im a 34c.
But i got my nipples pierced on august 6th and its now the 9th and everything is fine,
but when i wake up in the mornings i have dried blood.
its not alot but it does certainly worry me.
i have also read from other pages that its not normal that they might have pierced a vein, but its not bleeding that much.
Ive had my cartilage pierced and after a bump to ear from a six flags coaster it got infected, when it did it had a lump by the ring,
my nipples do not have any lumps so im hoping theyre not infected.
Another thing, ive been wearing a sports bra since theyre thin and hold my breast in place but since they're tight they press my nipple and hurt it, what do you reccomend me to wear?
Any advice would really help!