Is this possible?

By March 6, 2012 - 9:57am

Hi, I found out something very serious and I'm really shocked by such thing. I know a nutritionist and he has been very helpful everytime and he has told me something and I'm really surprised by. He was reviewing my blood test results of my DHEA levels and my DHEA is pretty high and out of range. He told me that the symptoms of high DHEA I have it means that I have a benign tumor in the area of my kidneys. I'm really scared over this and I have no idea what to do and which doctor to consult for second opinion? He told me such thing to be sure about is to have an ultrasound to confirm this. What would you suggest that I do and which doctor I should see? My oncologist only deals with breasts though. Please le me know about this soon.

Thank you I definitely will. This nutritionist told me that he has a colleague that is a genius who discovered something called Lifeone. I'm not sure exactly what it is but I'm waiting to hear from him about this matter. He said that his colleague has started to add the DHEA test to the hormone panel which then he realized that he was finding lots of benign tumors in the region near the kidneys. This is why I really need to be sure about this matter. I'm actually waiting to hear from him in what I can do. I really do hope I don't have such thing but I have to make sure about this. I hope you understand what I mean.

Thank You,

Hi Melissa

Your nutritionist is wrong, high DHEA levels do not mean you have a tumor, how could he know that? He or she should not make this diagnosis without further testing. High levels of DHEA mean more testing should be done to see why they are high - these levels are not an actual diagnosis of anything.

Just go to your regular doctor and tell him your results and take it from there. Don't self-diagnose or get stressed yet. You can read lots more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/dhea-s and contact your primary care physician first.

DHEA-S Guide