Post-emergency pill bleeding

By February 22, 2012 - 10:36am

Hi! my bf and i had unprotected "sex" last month (jan26), it wasnt really a sex since there was no penetration, we did oral and he just rubbed his penis against my part. he didn't cum near my part but out of panic since it was my first time, i took ecp within 48hrs after the act and had bleeding (same bleeding as my real period) 5 days later (feb2). im supposed to have my "real period" around 2nd week of feb (feb8ish) since my last real period was on jan8. so im not quite sure if that was because of the pill or if that was my real period already that just came a week early?

then again we got hot and we did another unprotected "sex" on feb6, while i was "bleeding". this time we did anal but he didn't cum inside. but because im kinda paranoid, i took another set of ecp within 48hrs after the act. then had bleeding again few days later (bit lighter bleeding than the first one). so basically i had 2 bleeding episodes in a month.

my concern is.. am i still at risk for pregnancy though i bled 2 times after ecp??? im worried. also when will i expect my "real period" to come since im not a regular "bleeder", ive been irregular since i was around 18 yrs old, now im 23. my ob-gyne said might be due to some hormonal imbalance (im underweight).

p.s. its been 2 weeks since the last act, and im having mild cramping, mild breast soreness and feels like burning sensation down there. this are usually my pms symptoms. but still im not sure if im pregnant or not. pls help me. desperately need your help. plsss.... :|

Hi susan!

yeah might take a preg test next week, im also hoping that my real period will come next week too. anyway, thanks so much for the response. :)

Hi again!

Sounds like a plan. If it doesn't come by then, take a pregnancy test. Or - take a test 2-3 weeks after the last time you had "unprotected sex", even though you didn't really!

Hi redgirl12!

You are mis-using emergency contracption (EC) if you are not using it for emergencies. Since you are not having sex, just scared, and doing it twice in a month, you will cause your periods to become regular - therefore we can't even try to access when your next period would be.

It's very unlikely you are pregnant so your symptoms could be that of PMS. Using condoms can help to avoid these situations.

thanks susan!

it was my first time so i got paranoid, he didn't use condom and i was not using any contraceptive pill. :| so i thought of taking ecp instead just to be safe. the 1st time we did it, he was rubbing his penis against my clit and im not sure if he had pre-cum then. same goes the 2nd time, im not sure if there was any pre-cum leaking during the anal sex. im thinking that my next real period might come march8-ish since the last time i had it (prior to taking the ecp) was jan8.