Postinor 2 dosage

By June 8, 2011 - 9:49am

I had intercourse on the evening of 6th June and took Postinor 2 tablets on the morning of 7th June. I had intercourse again around 5 hours after taking the dosage, (I took both tablets at the same time) and had another intercourse on 8th June in the evening. Is it safe not to take Postinor 2 dosage again or do you suggest that I should take another dosage. By the way, my first intercourse happened after 4 days of my last day of period (2nd June). I have a normal menstrual flow, around 3 weeks gap or more between each period. Kindly advise.

Hi nrln

Using emergency birth control back to back is not a good idea: it can really mess up your menstrual cycle and is less effective than condoms or the pill.

However, since you had unprotected sex again, call your pharmacist to see if you should double up, which is likely. The use of EC is generally per instance of unprotected sex.

If you are trying to avoid pregnancy, why are you having unprotected sex like this? You might want to consider going on the Pill or using condoms so you don't have these worries.

I wish you the best!