Postinor 2 overdose

i accidentally took both pills of Postinor 2 in one dosage after about an hour sex. I currently have a strange yellowish discharge a day after.

Can postinor cause period to be early , shorter and light all together? I took postinor after sex on the 22nd of October, my period was due on the 11th November but came on the 9th November , it was short and light compare to before taking the pill. could this be because of taking Postinor ???

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Jess,

Yes, changes to the menstrual cycle, including the next period starting earlier of later than expected, and the menstrual flow being lighter or heavier than normal, are reported side effects of Postinor.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for reaching out to us with your concern regarding a vaginal discharge and possible Postinor overdose.

It is possible that the pill, which contains a high dose of synthetic hormone to prevent pregnancy, caused a change in your normal vaginal discharge, especially since you took two pills at once.

Wait and see if you develop any other symptoms, such as itching and a foul odor to the discharge. The concern would be that the yellow discharge indicates a bacterial infection.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

i am very impressed with your quick response. please keep it up. so the discharge is minimal now. i am waiting for a few days more to see if any other symptoms develop. the odor is just like my regular vaginal odor. I really appreciate the feedback.