By November 6, 2009 - 2:42pm

my period is 3 weeks late, i have took 2 home pregnancy tests and they both said negitiave. i have had a cold for the past few days, running to the toliet alot more, i have had pains and cramps in my tummy, felling really warm at times and somtimes cold and i get really tierd all the time. could i be pregnant???

Dear cachaue

You may be pregnant and your hormone levels (called hGC levels) are too low as yet for a pregnancy test to pick them up but at 3 weeks late this would be very unusual so it's likely you are late or are skipping a month due to illness, stress or because you have an irregular cycle. Pregnancy tests are very reliable when taken correctly.

Have you been having unprotected sex? have you taken any recent medications? Are you generally regular with your cycle or do you have a history of irregularity?

yes me and my boyfriend have not used protection this past 2-3 months, i have my cycle regulary and i am not under any stress and i havent been taking any meds. is there still a possibility i could be pregnant but the hgc level is low to detect it?

(reply to cachaue)

It's unlikely, but possible. If you are three weeks late, you would be about five weeks pregnant, and most HPTs would be quite accurate by then. The only way to make sure whether you are or not would be to make an appointment at a doctor's office for a blood test. It would only take a few minutes, but it would be a sure answer.