Pregnancy Guide

ask: Spotting 5 days before expected period? Advice please?

By Angelwings23

So I had sex on the 23rd of Sept. Cycles are usually 33 days long but vary because of PCOS. Yesterday when I went to the bathroom and after urinating I noticed some light pinkish/reddish blood. I know all about Implantation bleeding because I had it wih my son.

My question is: Is it possible to spot 3 days after unprotected sex and be pregnant? Also, I've been having a lot of creamy white discharge. Any clue ladies?? Thanks

Hi Angelwings,

The process of conception alone takes about 5-7 days-- so it is highly unlikely that you would have implantation bleeding 3 days after unprotected sex. Did you have sex earlier this month? Because then it would definitely be possible for this spotting you're experiencing to be implantation bleeding. 

You may also have cervicitis or some other form of inflammation or infection in the vagina if you've been spotting with excess discharge. Here's some more info for you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002464/

Best Wishes,

Rosa

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :