Wellness

ask: Squeezing Balls?

This is a very indirect health question, but certainly well being....

I know I should do some real defense training, but in the meantime, I was told by my friend that if I am attacked and the guy exposes himself, if I get hold of one of his balls and squeeze as hard as I can, he will be helpless and then pass out or be incapacitated.

I would be afraid he would get more angry & more violent, but she swears he wouldn't be able to. I asked if she had ever done it. She said no but she "heard".

I don't really trust what she "heard", so I was wondering if anyone has had the experience of truly incapacitating a guy by squeezing or hitting his balls; or the reverse, just making him more angry. I mean, I know it hurts, of course, but can it really put an angry violent man out of action?

Anonymous

Hi Susan,
There are indeed some guys who get a thrill out of "powerful" women and who seem to get excited at women inflicting pain on other men, However, in a world of over 7 BILLION people these men are small in number and they probably pose the least danger to women and girls out there due to their nature of "worshipping" women. These people are probably best just being ignored.

In terms of the young woman who defended herself in the "Mandy Stevens" case, you can check this youtube video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHe4SwNS96U

I think that you will agree that it is definitely NOT fake as some are claiming it to be - it's a NEWS clip! Some men appear to hate the idea that a woman can fight back and win, or escape to safety, especially when taking full advantage of a male vulnerability, and these men who spread false rumours and harass women probably pose a greater danger to women than those who idolise them.

Women and girls safety is more important today than it has ever been. The woman in the video wants to share her story of how she successfully defended herself after applying a technique which she heard another woman had also successfully used to defend herself.

Anon,

Mandy A Stevens is most definitely a perv who enjoys listening girls talk about balls. It is not a news clip at all, its just a sound clip of a woman.
It sounds like one of those sex phone calls where the women will say whatever the caller wants since he's paying.

Anonymous

There is a person hiding behind many usernames to indulge in fantasy and urge female violence against the male groin, using youtube and web forums.

An example is :
http://forums.govteen.com/countdown-forum/336675-squeezing-balls.html

I believe several posts on this page/ thread are due to that person, so I am flagging this to all readers.

For further details please read : https://sites.google.com/site/shininglightovercomesdarkness/mandy-stevens

Please also review some important rape stats at :
https://sites.google.com/site/shininglightovercomesdarkness/rape-stats-f...

Peace to all who have goodwill.

SHINING LIGHT

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks Shining Light.

We are looking into this.

Anonymous

i'm a guy, once we reach puberty, just kick our balls and we will fall, but on adrenaline we can stay up, but squeezing, that must be hard i cant even think of the pain.
i got kneed to balls once while having fun, i had a epic pain, paralized me and made me crouch to stop it, but still dosn't stop so i layed on the ground and tryed to stop it, i cant even think of this pain, it's like, like, damn it's worse than getting shot to hand.

Sorry this is painful to read, we don't want it to be!

But it's a legitimate self-defense question, not something women want to know in order to hurt men for no reason. So as long as men don't attack women, they'll never have to worry about it! :)

You remind me of my mom who is so sweet that she can't conceive that women do bad things. In addition to the examples given by another poster, today there was a news story on the radio about a woman in Haikou China who killed a shopkeeper by squeezing his testicles after he asked her to move the scooter she parked in front of his shop.

Thanks! But as a health care writer and researcher, I have written articles in female-on-male abuse so I am well aware that women can be violent too! I was referring to the original post when I wrote what I did. You can read them here on EmpowHER.

Susan, the vast majority of women would only squeeze a guy’s testicles if needed for defense, but there are cases where it is done in aggression. I’ve run into news stories where a woman is the aggressor and attacks a boyfriend or husband and literally rips off or tears the scrotum with her bare hands.
I had a petite girlfriend in college during sexual activity would not hurt me but expressed delight about how she could squeeze me, holding me snugly (which felt good) but not actually squeezing. One day we were play wrestling (I’m positive she did not feel threatened) and she attempted to hit me in the groin. She then told me how she had squeezed her brother’s testicles “when he wouldn’t let go” and hurt him really bad. I came to the realization that she really wanted to experience this power again, but she said her brother told her she should NEVER do a squeeze again unless it was for a legitimate reason and thank God for me I think he convinced her.
I taught this technique to my wife, who was raped several years before we met her, and she said she could have stopped the rape had she known it. She did not fully comprehend how effective it was until I she heard it from different sources, and I explained how the testicles are exposed internal organs: squeezing and pulling them creates pain similar to having someone literally rip your guts out. She was also shocked when I explained how excruciatingly painful it was t when the former girlfriend simply tapped on them with no intention of trying to hurt me.
From a marriage perspective, my being open with my wife about this definitely helped her with her trust issues and has helped her have a very fulfilling sex life.

Anonymous

I remember one storie about a girl named Colleen who was grabbed from behind and roughly handled by this guy on a night-club dance floor. Despite her pleas and stomping on his feet he just would not let go and continued hurting her breast. She then decided to take matters into her own hand (literally) by reaching between his legs and grabbing hold of both of his testicles. Even though one of them slipped out of her hand she still had established a good firm-hard squeezing grip on the other one. Unknown to her at the time this was much more effective as it allowed more force and pressure to be applied on one organ rather than being even distributed on both of them. Needless to say the rest is history. He became so overwhelmed by the extreme pain that any attempt to pry her arm away was rendered useless as it only intensified his agony. Within approximately 10 seconds he began shaking and convulsing then went unconscious for approximately 20 minutes. Upon regaining consciousness he lied on the floor crying and vomiting.
Fortunately for him Colleen had eased up on her grip just enough when she felt his hand on her wrist go limp and he started to pass-out, otherwise he very well could have ended up with ruptured testicle.

Anonymous

Unless he's exposed or wearing loose cloths, getting that good of a grip on a guys nuts is not as easy as it seems. It is more effective to grab hold one testicle because a girl's hand can only exert limited pressure, which shared between the two organs would be insufficient to cause the desired amount of pain. More strenght and force is applied by squeezing one testicle. If the male is wearing tight clothing or jeans I recommend grabbing whatever you can, since both of his balls are unlikely to fit in your hand you should at least be able to secure a good firm grip on one of them.

In Frederic Storaskas' video "How To Say No To A Rapist" he mentions that the two most effective ways to incapacitate an attacker is by:

1. gouging the eyes with your thumbs

2. grab one testicle and squeeze, applying pressure until it literally gives (crushes).

There are a lot of myths and I highly recommend Susan E. Smith's book "Fear Or Freedom" in which the proper way to apply the "Testicle Twist" is described and well illustrated. It's an effective last resort, simple no-fail technique in which you lock your thumb and forefinger around over the top of the testicles, Once locked you then twist and squeeze with the rest of your hand on his ball(s) or twist and jerk down hard. If done correctly the assailant will become so overwhelmed/immobilized by the intense pain and be unable to react, he will go limp, pass-out or go into shock within in 5-7 seconds.

"What power woman can have in knowing that there is one technical but simple, no fail defense against rape!" - Susan E. Smith

Huh? How can a post have such truth and such nonsense at the same time?

Truth: Squeezing the (naked) testicles will cause the assailant to be immobilized in pain and he may pass out in a manner of seconds

Nonsense: It is more effective to grab hold of one testicle because a girl's hand can only apply limited pressure, which shared between the two organs is insufficient to cause the desired amount of pain.

Truth: The testicles are extremely sensitive and any weakling squeezing naked testicles of the strongest attacker will immediately immobilize the attacker as stated in the first comment. That is why it is called "no fail"

While Susan's Smiths technique is certainly devastating and is probably more likely to cause permanent injury than grabbing from underneath, it is making things much too complicated. In that situation the most important thing you can do is hit them or grab them as fast as you can, not worry about "locking" the testicles first. You don't want to give the assailant a precious half second to smash your face in when your are attempting to grab in just the right way.

If you fail to grab but make any sort of non-gentle contact with the testicles, that will cause enough pain shock to immobilize him for a second or two so you can get the time to slap and grab again or gouge his eyes if he bends over and his groin is not easily accessible.

If anyone thinks this is nonsense, ask your husband to test light tapping on his testicles with your fingers and see his reaction. You should never to this without permission and you should demonstrate exactly how hard you will tap on another part of his body first. Even then, you should be gentle.

Anonymous

Now aparently yes attacking a mans testicles can kill him. I found these court cases

http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1152624/
He considered that the injury to the testicles was the cause of Kalan's death, and added that, even if the man had been in sound health, the injury would have caused his death. The Hospital Assistant says that the testicles were "almost absolute pulp. No solid parts remained," and was positive that shock from injury to the testicles was the sole cause of death.

http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1660698/

http://www.paclii.org//cgi-bin/disp.pl/pg/cases/PGNC/1995/6.html?query=l...
According to the Medical Post Mortem Report, whilst all other parts of his body were found to be normal, the left testicle was smashed. The cause of death was “Neurogenic Shock”.

The application of force to the testicle in this case is direct and intended to cause the deceased severe shock and pain. So tortuous was the force applied that the left testicle smashed. I accept her story that she did this in order to free herself from the deceased’s grip on her neck but it is clear to me that she went too far. In any event, that is not the right part of the body to grab, twist and squeeze.

Anonymous

Great information here, and I can say from personal experience that twisting and squeezing the testicles does work. I had an incident where I had to use this on a male and it brought him down to his knees, I had to hang on for about 10 seconds, but the whole time he was completely helpless. I did what my self defense instructor told us to do: slap the groin hard (which stuns the guy and allows you time to find his balls), squeeze, twist, and pull down hard.

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for sharing your personal experience (although I am sorry that you were faced with having to do this). Listening to your self-defense instructors directions on how to do this sounds extremely painful so I'm sure it works! 

I hope to never have to do this, but I will definitely keep it in mind.

Thanks again,

Rosa

Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Rosa, glad you found my story helpful. I hope no woman has to use it. It's especially scary being that close to a man. Obviously I would have rather kicked him from a distance or ran, but I didn't have the chance. Our self defense instructor also said that twisting the testicles isn't crucial, it's only if you remember or have time, she said to make sure you have a secure hold of at least one testicle and then squeeze the life out of it--that's the most important part.

Anonymous

Actually, this is an extremely effective self defense technique that a number of women have used successfully to defend themselves against male attackers. A woman named Curtescine Lloyd defended herself in this way and even an 80 year old woman did so too!

There is a youtube clip which you can listen to as well in which a woman tells her story of how this technique worked for her. You can listen to it here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTErtfxb7GE

I hope this helps!
Susannah

I think you are must be right. Twisting the testicles can result in testicular torsion which might be serious enough to require that the testicle be removed. (This essentially happened to a guy I know during an accident with the result that both his testicles had to be removed. Guys need to be so careful about their balls!) ;)

Jenny

misvives HERWriter Guide

I think Alison gave you a lot of great information about self-defense tactics and the reality of trying to hurt a man...

Just to add, the idea of self-defense is to try and get yourself out of the situation, not to control it (or him) in that case. Hit and run, sort of speak. If you punch, kick or even graze a man in his testicles, you will certainly have a head start to running away and trying to get help, if necessary.

I hope this helps.
Missie

Anonymous (reply to misvives)

Yes even a graze can sometimes can cause sufficient pain to give a "head start" if the situation is serious, you should incapacitate an attacker and follow up with a devastating attack. A second is an eternity in combat and if you cause a man to wince in pain for a second while not making full contact, there is a good chance you can follow with an eye gouge.

I lived next to an old lady that made a man who demanded her keys and purse bend over and clutch his groin when she kneed him in the groin (in the middle of the day in a supermarket parking lot. He recovered and threw her on the ground and started banging her head on the asphalt. Fortunately, some men saw it and chased him away.

Frankly, she should have just given him her keys. But in a more serious situation, you need to incapacitate.

I forgot to add, even though he was a strong man and she was not a vibrant woman in her 70's, she could have finished him with an eye gouge in the few seconds he was involuntarily clutching himself. (And while I don't like the thought, it would probably have been justified given all the factors I'm not disclosing).

You are right: squeezing a man's testicles would not render him "incapacitated", but it would not make him angrier, either. If a man is trying to attack you and you are close enough to squeeze his testicles, he is already "angry" or "pre-determined" to commit a crime. Your primary goal in that situation is not to avoid making him angrier; your goal is either de-escalating the situation or escaping to find other people.

If you are unable to de-escalate the situation or escape, then yes, you do want to kick, squeeze, jab, poke or otherwise physically injury the perpetrator in any way you can...and in any sensitive area of the body that you are able to reach, so that you can create a moment for an escape. These sensitive areas on a man can includes eyes, throat, knees and testicles.

If you would like more information on self-defense, this is an interesting article explaining the "kick to the groin" as not being the best defensive tactic: http://kidshealth.org/teen/safety/safebasics/self_defense.html#

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Your post is largely accurate except for your comment that squeezing a man's testicles would not render him "incapacitated."

Oh, yes it can. II can cause unconsciousness, vomiting, death, permanent injury, castration. I'm all for you doing it if you are attacked, but let's not pretend it is not a very serious technique. If you ever need to do this, pulling, which can cause castration, may be in some defense situations exceeding an appropriate response. However, squeezing, even if is not so had as to cause permanent damage, can cause death due the extreme shock to the body.

If the situation is so serious to use this technique, than you better be ready to call the police and medical attention.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: