A string in my vagina

By June 29, 2016 - 3:41am

I was trying to get a tampin out and it would not come out at all. I pulled really hard and it came out. I was at the end of my period so there was barely any blood. When I pulled it out the string disappeared and a lot of blood came out. Bright red blood that was not there before. I was so close to being done that the tampon had barely any blood on it. Will I have to worry about the string coming back over the tampon or will it just come back?

Hi Questions1998

Since we don't know what this string was, we can only really guess.

I think this strong may have been a blood clot that came out at the end of your period. This is normal even if you don't get them often or ever. Taking the tampon out may have triggered it's evacuation which is good. This means it's gone.

If you notice this string again, it may be part of your hymen that's a bit stuck. Don't pull it yourself, a doctor can do it for you and it literally takes seconds.

I hope this has helped.