They measured yesterday the arterial pressure and I bring 13.9 must worry? Which are the reasons and possible consequences .. that recommends me I have 51 years approximate weight 75 kilos my father fallecio of cardiac heart attack Thank you

Dear Anon

Our heart specialist has read your post and responded:

"Please clarify. If I understand you correctly you are 51 years old, weight 75 kilograms and have a family history of heart disease. You were recently diagnosed with high blood pressure (hypertension). What were the exact measurements. Are you on any other medications? Do you have any other medical problems?

High blood pressure is a very common condition that increases in incidence with age. There are some known causes like obesity, poor diet, etc. but in many patients no specific cause can be identified. The goal is to get the pressure below 130/85. Lifestyle changes (exercise, low-salt diet) can have an important role. Many people need to take medication. It is critical to get it under control because if untreated it can lead to many different complications including stroke and heart disease/heart attack."
Dr. Lishan Aklog

Let us know if this helps you.

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your post. I have submitted your question to our heart specialist - please check back with us on this thread in a few days.