Vaginal discharge yellow, spot bleeding, sour taste, no smell. What can it be?

By November 28, 2014 - 5:20pm

Yellow discharge, sour, and lots of spot bleeding over the past two weeks. Went to a clinic, tested for chlamydia and was negative. I am thinking it has something to do with my birth control. Have never had vaginosis, no smell. Any ideas what it could it be?!

Infections often have a bad smell, but not always. How do you know it's sour, did a partner tell you? A sour discharge usually has a smell. 

If you have started on new birth control, it could have changed your body chemistry and may not be right for you. 

If you have had unprotected sex of any kind (oral, anal, vaginal) then you need to a full test for all STI's to at least rule them all out. 

Hi Susan,

Partner said so. Yes I am going for full testing in a few days.

I am thinking it has something to do with birth control and my body changing, I have a very low dose which may not be working in sync with my body anymore. After all, I have been on the same kind for 8 years.

Thank you Susan!