Emotional Health

Emotional Health Guide

ask: What are the signs of low self esteem and low self confidence in women?

By willalee

Looking for some understanding in knowing if women/young girls today could understand themselves better if they knew what the signs were and are when they don't feel good about themselves.

willalee

Their are so many young girls today that suffer from low self- esteem. I posted this issue to see if any other comments could help me understand and how could this be corrected or is it to late. I find today with all this bullying going on, and other issues I see like girls especially being beaten down, what would reccommed regarding books to help, or any advice for young teenagers today. thanks

omolayo

thank you Maryannn

The staff of the Mayo Clinic offer 4 steps toward building self-esteem:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/self-esteem/MH00129

omolayo

Maryann you are correct, i am one of those kind....please any solution to that...? i think my back ground cause mine ..., so what can i do to be myself, and to stop shying...

Women who struggle with low self-esteem tend to pay the most attention to their flaws. They feel insecure and are unable to accept compliments.
People with low self-esteem have trouble making decisions, cannot handle criticism, lack assertiveness, are shy and feel inferior in comparison to others.

Are you happy with your appearance?: