what can i do for my stretch marks & loose skin?

i am 24 and have alot of stretch marks from my 2 pregnancies as well as loose skin. my kids are 5 & 2. i have tried over the counter creams & i regularly excercise, skin is still loose.

If what you are feeling is really skin (and not fat) then the only way to get rid of it would be through surgery (a "tummy tuck") or something similar. Unfortunately, extra skin cannot be exercised away.

This procedure is common but you will need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the benefits and risks since all surgery carries risks. You will also need to evaluate the financial costs. In the meantime, something like Spanx can really help.

With regard to stretch marks, there is no "cure". Stretch marks are actually scars. Moisturizers and specialized treatments for stretch marks can make them look better (and more faded) but only time will really fade them and you may have them forever. Some people have thin silvery lines, others have large purple marks - obviously the lighter they are, the more easily they will fade. Total elimination is unlikely.

And bear in mind that they are probably far worse looking to you than anyone else! Our bodies sometimes take a large toll, when it comes to having our children.

I hope this has helped and thanks for writing!