what to do to feel better after a hysterectomy

By April 14, 2009 - 4:35pm

Dear ETrixler, I am sorry you had to go through this procedures but I am confident that your decision was based on the recommendation from your physician because of medical necessity. I have not had any organs removed except my gallbladder, and when I went through that it felt as a part of me left with it. Our body organs are all connected but it is also our sense of who we are. The ovaries are symbols of our womanhood, so I would not be surprised if you are grieving the loss of what most women consider part of our nature and identity. This is just one aspect of the procedure.

The other of course has to do with the physical healing of your body, and that includes "adaptation" to the changes and possible treatments such as Hormone Replacement Therapy (if indicated by your doctor), nutritional changes, stress reduction and most of all, loving and accepting your body in its current state. I hope your recovery is quick. Our bodies have an incredible ability to self-heal, we just need to provide the right conditions for the healing: proper food, exercise, meditation, and an honest partnership with your physician.

Wish you well!

Hi ETrixler

Thank you so much for finding Empowher.

There was no body of text to your subject - I am not sure if you have a question or what to share some information with us.

Can you tell us a little more?

In the meantime, we have a lot of information on Empowher regarding hysterectomies so you are not alone.

You can start here :

and you can also read our readers experiences and comments here :

Can you tell us more about your situation? When was your hysterectomy and what symptoms are you experiencing? What is your age? This will help as it may make a difference if you have had menopause yet or not.
Please update us!