Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide

ask: What does it mean to have painful burning sensations in your nipples

Have had this for a couple of weeks. It comes and goes. I do not have periods because of a partial hysterctomy. I am not on any medications. I had nipple discharge in the past but was told it wasn't anything. The pain and burning comes and goes. It is coming from the inside.

Christine Jeffries

Thanks for your question and for finding EmpowHER.
I'm sorry you are experiencing this pain. You may want to schedule a visit with your doctor to rule out any serious conditions or see if it's hormones having their way with you, or something else. How long ago was your partial hysterectomy?
Here is a thread discussing a similar situation:
http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/sharp-burning-pain-my-nipple-now-b...
Hope it helps. Let us know what your doctor says, or how else we can help.
-Christine

Anonymous (reply to Christine Jeffries)

i had my partial hysterectomy in 2005. Haven't had any other problems except dry mouth. The burning is happening more then it was two weeks ago. What could it be.

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Anon - We are not able to provide a diagnosis. You really need to see your doctor about this, especially if the pain is increasing. Let us know what you learn as it may help others. We wish the best for you. Pat

What Do You Think the Best Way to Screen for Early Detection of Breast Cancer is?: