What should I do if I have low estrogen symptoms?

By November 1, 2010 - 5:29am

I've been reading about my syptoms online and they all lead to menopause. I'm only 19 years old. Is it really possible that I could be going through menopause so early? Another thing was low estrogen. I've had hot flashes, night sweats, fatigue, vagina dryness, discharge, low sex drive, and I also sleep more than I should be. Does anyone have any information they would like to share on what I should do? Thank You!

Hi Kayla!

Welcome to EmpowHER and thanks for your question.

Your answer - get thee to a doctor!

It sounds like you need a full check up, including blood work, your hormones, thryoid tested etc.

The internet is great for information but it can also send people into a panic. Going into menopause at 19 is not unheard of but very rare.

Please call your doctor's office and ask to speak to a nurse. Explain your symptoms to her (write them down if it helps) and schedule an appointment. Please let us know how it goes as soon as you can.

I know you have probably read all about menopause already but check out our section here:

Will you update us?