Today is the first day of National Family Fun Month!
Comment and tell us what your favorite thing to do while with your family!
Don't know how to properly celebrate Family Fun Month? Here are some ideas from SCMAF.org:
- Visit a Park. When is the last time you and your family enjoyed a day at your local park? Research a local park as a family to visit for a picnic and pack your food basket and go. Don't forget to bring a blanket and a Frisbee. Enjoy the day outdoors together as a family!
- Play Sports. Grab a ball, maybe a glove or a bat and go outside as a family to play some games. Don’t want to play your traditional types of sports? Try some fun games such as H.O.R.S.E., Around the World or Monkey in the Middle. Maybe you can make up your own type of game using existing sports equipment.
- Go Camping! Pack up your tents, sleeping bags and canteens and book a weekend camping trip with the family. Do some fishing, hiking or biking wherever you end up going. It is a great time to spend with the whole family. Don’t forget to bring the marshmallows!
- Visit an Amusement Park. What child wouldn’t want to spend a day at their favorite local amusement park? Select a day to take the family and go enjoy some rides, a water park, or just playing some games. Look for discounts on admission at many of the local amusement parks for being a California resident. Don’t forget to look for discount coupons at a local store or even online.
- Family Game Night. Who doesn’t love to play games? One person gets to pick out their favorite board or card game and have the whole family join in on the fun. Make some popcorn or buy some special game time snacks to enjoy while playing. Create your own family board game and play. You could even find a puzzle for the whole family to work on.
Just remember the purpose of Family Fun Month is to enjoy spending time together as a family because a family that spends time together has a blast together!
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.