I'm 35 have two kids normal pregnancy and delivery. I had my tube tied 12 years ago. My periods have been pretty normal besides the usual cycle changes,well last month (july) it came on time but was not normal was very heavy and dark with lots of clots lasted twelve days. This month (august) came on time but same thing very heavy clotty n lots of pain lasted seven days well three days later it's back n it's just as bad very thick,dark,smelly,and clotty I'm still mentrating at the moment for four days now. Help please my cycles start the 26th of each month.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question!

You may have something going on with your reproductive system that is hormonal in nature.

You may have fibroids - fibroids are benign (noncancerous) growths in the wall of the uterus. The uterus is the reproductive organ where a fetus grows. Fibroids often grow into the uterine cavity. In rare cases, they may protrude from the uterus toward nearby organs. Fibroids may be very small or may grow to eight or more inches in diameter. Usually more than one fibroid is present. About 20%-30% of women of childbearing age, and as many as half of all women, have fibroids. Many do not realize it. Most do not have symptoms until their late 30s or 40s.

Symptoms range from none at all to mild or severe. This all depends on the size and location of the growths.

If you have any of these symptoms do not assume it is due to fibroids. These symptoms may be caused by other conditions. Tell your doctor if you have any of these:

Pelvic pain
Feeling of pelvic pressure
Heavy menstrual bleeding

You should see a doctor about this Anon. You may have these fibroids or a cyst or some other issue. Some blood tests or scans can be done to let you know for sure.