Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: why am i still having cramping after my period could i be pregnant after all

I havent missed a period but was experienceing some pregnancy symptons nausea and throwing up,very tired, lightheadiness,dizzy, sore boobs(they feel like the weigh a ton), very moody and irratable, peeing alot, heart burn and some smells make me nausea. So i took two prego test and the first one came out negative but developed a faint blue line. So i waited 3 days nd tested again it came out positive almost right away but it disapeared. So now i dnt know what to do. Did i test to early. Its been about 8 days since my last period and im still having light cramping like am going to get my period any day now but it comes and goes and i feel it in my lower back and around my belly button sometimes. if i am pregnant it would be my first one so its a little confusing so any advice would be great. Thank you..

Anonymous

My period usually last 4-5 days.But this time it last only 2 days and just stopped complete.I started cramping And had headaches right after and yes, My Fiance and I are having unprotected sex.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The average period is 3-7 days. Your was a little shorter but it doesn't mean you are pregnant. 

However, if you have been having unprotected sex, it's a good idea to take a test. 

Anonymous

hi,
I was on the pill, i believe I may of missed one and taken it a day late, I also had sex while not on the pill a few days before my period was due. My period is lighter than it has ever been before. I've been sleeping more than i usually do, also been getting pains around my belly button.

Anonymous

we have sex 3days after my period,is it possible of getting pregnant ?im just wondering why i'd still have cramping after my period,is it normal?

Yes, it's possible to get pregnant three days after your period ends if you don't use protection. Even if you ovualate 4-5 days after, you can still get pregnant since sperm stays alive for up to 5 days. 

I am not sure why you are cramping.

Anonymous

Hey was wondering me and my partner had sex 4-5 days after my period it's been 5 days since we had sex av been getting cramps like period cramps but not as bad and cramp in my back and more hungry then normal my period isn't due til 5th or 6th jan could I be pregnant thanks x

I assume you had unprotected sex and your period is due the 5th or 6th of Feb (not Jan)?

It sounds like you are PMS,ing but pregnancy symptoms can be very similar. If you do not get your period when expected, then a pregnancy test is a good idea.

Anonymous

Ok so I had my period but it was heavy and only lasted two days, then I was still continuing to have cramps like I was on my period but I wasnt. I am also having headaches, stomach cramps, it hurts my stomach when my two year old lays his head on my stomach, nausea, I took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative. Any ideas?

Anonymous

The last time I had sex was on the 28th June, and my period was from the 22nd-27th. We used protection and I'm pretty sure it was fine. My average cycle is around 33 days but I didn't get a period all of July, it came the 1st-5th Aug, making it a 40 day cycle and a week late. The period was at normal length but was a bit lighter than usual. I was obviously paranoid back then and did around 7 urine pregnancy tests, all of which were negative. I also got a blood test done around the 20th August, will that have been accurate at that stage btw?? I then got my period on the 28th August and obviously tht was like my Sept period. I then got it October and November, but November was medium flow but lighter than what I expect. I was obviously expecting my December period, for it to be 2 weeks late and my cycle length was at 44 days. This caused concern due to the late period in July. A week before my December period came, I went to see the doctor and he said I wasn't pregnant as I'd be showing and have symptoms and movement etc and felt my stomach and said it was fine without doing a test. So I bought two home tests which came back negative. My period was again, normal length but lighter than usual so this freaked me out and I got another two tests which were negative, one of them I did yesterday. However, I have panicked as I've been looking online and read many stories in which women didn't know they were pregnant until 7/8 months or even until they went in to labour as they ha negative tests and bleeds throughout which I guess mimic periods. I'm just freaking out and keep thinking my tummy is hard and round and, lower back ache my breasts hurt when deep down, I guess I kind of know they're not but when you panic you look for more symptoms. So I was wondering is it actually likely I am pregnant or have I just worried myself?! I'm 21, NOT ttc as I am in my final year at university.

I think it's safe to say that you are absolutely not pregnant and are worrying yourself into symptoms.

I know there are many stories out there of women who didn't know they were pregnant but some of these women were heavily overweight to begin with and had irregular periods. And remember, not all of these women are telling the truth - for whatever reason, they said they didn't know but they did.

Please don't worry anymore. You are not pregnant!  Oh and stay off those internet sites with all those stories. A bunch are fake and create a ton of paranoia- even a man could read them and be convinced he's pregnant too!

I hope this helps and you can enjoy your new year knowing you are just fine.

How do you control your PMS?: