why cant someone findoutwhats wrong with me?

By September 27, 2011 - 9:51am

Dr. saysI have coliti.I dont think so. I believe it may be worms or something else.I have stool samples and colonoscopys . what could it be?

I think I may have worms or a tapeworm because something is moving in my colon.Itfeels like when you are carring a baby and no Im not around animals. I just dont think the diagonis is right. I have had diareaha for thirty years.

HERWriter Guide (reply to diane newby)

Hi again Diane

Make sure you get checked for worms then (I never felt any movement like that with my pregnancies) as diarrhea is a common symptom of worms as well as bloating, itching in the anal area and digestive discomfort. I do believe in trusting your instincts on these things so if you feel the diagnosis isn't right - keep looking.

Also, I think it's a good idea to see a gastro-intestinal specialist instead of your regular doctor. You may have IBS or any number of other conditions but living with diarrhea for 30 year is not acceptable! He or she can perform a lot of testing to find out exactly what is wrong.

Hi diane and thanks for your question!

If you have received a diagnosis of colitis, why do you think it's not true? Here are some typical symptoms of colitis:

■Abdominal cramps and pain
■Rectal bleeding
■Weight loss
■Fatigue, weakness

Read lots more on our Colitis page here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/colitis

Are you around animals? Is this why you think you may have worms? Some symptoms include increased appetite and you can actually see worms in your bowel movements - have you seen this?

Colitis Guide