Why do i get real sharpe pains in my lower stomach on both sides.

By Anonymous December 5, 2014 - 10:13pm

I get real sharp pains during the day and it's in my lower section of my stomach. I was thinking it was just because I get them usually when I get ready to start my period but I've had these pains for about two weeks now and still no period. I know my periods are irregular and I don't get them every month but when I get these pains it usually comes soon after. I am just worried it might have something to do with my ovaries because my grandma passed away from ovarian cancer.

You may have ovarian cysts (usually harmless) that are causing these kinds of pains. 

They could also be pains to do with your digestive tract. 

You said "still no period" - are you sexually active and are late? If so, you need to take a pregnancy test. 

Please see a doctor for an evaluation. Will you keep us posted?