While some people find it hard to get off the sofa for just 10 minutes of exercise, others have a hard time not working out and could push themselves to the limit.
So how do you know when your super-soaking workouts are doing more harm than good? A Yahoo! Health article, “Addicted to Exercise? How to Tell When Healthy Habits go too Far” explained some tips for noticing when your exercise regime is taking over your life.
Some warning signs include:
• It’s eating into your work or home life obligations.
• You are working out to the point of complete exhaustion or injury.
• You feel overwhelming guilt when you miss a workout.
• Your workout “hobby” is expensive and is getting you into financial trouble.
• You workout to make up for binge eating, or take performance drugs.
If you notice these warning signs cropping up for yourself or someone close to you, talk with your doctor or urge your friend or family member to talk with his or her doctor or a mental health professional.
Do you have a question about fitness, and weight loss? Check out EmpowHER’s pages. Sign-up, post a question, share your story, connect with other women in our groups and community, and feel EmpowHERed!
We value and respect our HERWriters' experiences, but everyone is different. Many of our writers are speaking from personal experience, and what's worked for them may not work for you. Their articles are not a substitute for medical advice, although we hope you can gain knowledge from their insight.