Strawberry Mint Lemonade
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||67 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||25% DV|
|Vitamin C||200% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ingredients and Preparation
|Sugar substitute||1 cup|
|Fresh mint leaves, lightly packed||4 cups|
|Strawberry hulled, halved||1 quart|
|Lemon juice, fresh squeezed||1 cup|
- Place 2 cups water, sugar, and mint in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a blender; discard mint.
- Thinly slice 1 cup of strawberries and set aside.
- Add ½ of the remaining strawberries to a blender and blend until smooth; pour into 2 quart pitcher.
- Stir in sliced strawberries and remaining water. Add sugar to taste if needed, stirring until dissolved.
- Cover and chill until serving.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Ida Rodriguez for Melissa’s Variety Produce
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.