This stew is a great way to use summer vegetables in a new way.
|Serving Size||1¼ cups|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Cholesterol||0 mg |
|Sodium||196 mg |
|Vegetable bouillon, low sodium||1 cube|
|White potatoes, cut in 2-inch strips||2 cups|
|Carrots, sliced||2 cups|
|Summer squash, cut in 1-inch squares||4 cups|
|Summer squash, cut in 4 chunks||1 cup|
|Sweet corn, rinsed and drained (or 2 ears fresh corn; 1½ cups)||1 15-ounce can|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Scallion, chopped||1 stalk|
|Small hot pepper, chopped||½|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Tomatoes, diced||1 cup|
Tip: Add other favorite vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Heat water and bouillon in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots to the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes and continue
cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove 4 chunks of squash and purée in blender.
- Return puréed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let sit for
10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.