Any or a combination of the following diagnostic tests could be used to reach a confirming decision apart from the ones you have taken. The decision of which tests to take depends upon your doctor, the diagnostic reports, physical examination, and your medical history. In general the popular diagnostic tests are:
• ECG or electrocardiograph is a non-invasive test to check the pressure or strain on the right side of your heart.
• CT scan with contrast dyes may be used to see the pulmonary arteries, their condition, the location of the embolism, clot size and material, etc. It also helps during angiography.
• Venous Doppler study checks on the blood clotting status in your legs
• Pulmonary angiogram is the final decisive but invasive test that confirms the presence and location of clot(s) in the legs.
• D-dimer blood test identifies one of the breakdown products of blood clots and can indicate if PE is likely to occur. However, it is not a definitive test.
• Blood tests giving the complete blood counts and the electrolytes may also be done
ALL INFORMATION GIVEN IN THIS ADVOCACY SHEET IS TO BE CHECKED WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE IMPLEMENTING THEM OR TAKING THEM AS STANDARD OR VERIFIED.
Mamta Singh is a published author of the books Migraines for the Informed Woman (Publisher: Rupa & Co.) and the upcoming Rev Up Your Life! (Publisher: Hay House India). She is also a seasoned business, creative and academic writer. She is a certified fitness instructor, personal trainer & sports nutritionist through IFA, Florida USA. Mamta is an NCFE-certified Holistic Health Therapist SAC Dip U.K. She is the lead writer and holds Expert Author status in many well-received health, fitness and nutrition sites. She runs her own popular blogs on migraines in women and holistic health. Mamta holds a double Master's Degree in Commerce and Business. She is a registered practitioner with the UN recognised Art of Living Foundation.