Q: 

Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a low sex drive? Mine is almost non existant! :o(

By April 24, 2009 - 1:10pm

Anonymous

Thank you all for sharing your stories!!! I have been suffering from having no sex drive as well. My boyfriend and I have been together for two years now and sex has been our number one argument. I kept thinking that it was only me going through this, but reading all these stories lets me know I am not alone. I am making a Doctors appointment next week to have the IUD removed and hopefully it will give my back the sex drive that I used to have.

Omg I am so happy I have come across this too. My partner of 5 years and father of our two children has even moved into his family home because I’m just not interested in any form of affection. I want it but when I get it I don’t, & then when he doesn’t give it or try I’m a mess and sad

Anonymous

I just got my mirena removed after having it for three years. I started becoming so wary of sexual encounters with my boyfriend who I started dating right after getting it in. I would want to have sex, and then once it was happening it was over and I'd almost feel disgusted at the event. I couldn't release myself, so I'd feel resentment at the injustice! All the sudden my body started telling me get this plastic chemical thing out! And I did it on a whim. My period came back for the first time in 3 years. Suddenly I felt really bad about how cold I'd been to my love. We were almost going to break up because I just couldn't feel any love anymore. Now my motherly instincts are coming back and I really love him more than ever! And love being close to him again.

(reply to Anonymous)

How long did it take to get your sex drive back after getting it removed? And did you stay off all birth controls?

Anonymous

Wow thank you ladies for telling all your stores. I'm a man that's 31 been with my wife for 17yrs. We have four beautiful kids. Well I come to notice that her sex drive was just not there. So we talk- and I ask her (so do you just care not to have sex) And that when she hit me with she just really have no sex drive and she keep telling me it's not becouse of me. It her iud and she can't stand it. But so on so on. Thank you again for haveing this page.

A LOT OF People are starting to realize this man. It sucks because you assume its your fault most of the time. Or your partner isnt interested anymore.

Anonymous

My experience has been similar to most of yours! To give everyone an idea, I am young (early 30s), in excellent health, and had a fantastic sex life up until 2-3 months ago with a man to whom I'm absolutely attracted. I have the Liletta IUD, which is a generic version of Mirena (same type and same amount of hormones). My dip in libido has coincided with the loss of my period over the 8 months that I've had Liletta. I have no period now and no sex drive, and it's been a stress on my relatively new relationship (around 8 months of being together). I'm considering getting my IUD removed and opting for something different.

Anonymous

Im the total opposite story, since i got my Mirena my sex drive hace increase like crazy! Now i'm only thinking about intimacy that why i start reading about the effects over the libido, but my reaction is totally opposite

Anonymous

After speaking to my husband and wondering what was wrong with me I decided to google and found this. I'm so happy to know that I am not alone and its not me. I love my husband and he thinks I am no longer attracted to him due the fact my sex drive......really does not exist. I used to be more spontaneous and loving and I miss that about me.

Now i know without a doubt this thing has to come out. I will not go another 5 years like this. Thank you all for being so open because I REALLY felt like it was me.

So is the only solution to take it out? I love my mirena i just want my libido back. Any pills i can take?