These were the questions that were asked in this episode of #AskDrBob. We hope they make a difference in your life.
1. Several weeks ago I woke up with swelling (fluid retention) in my feet, legs and thighs. Still have it. It goes down overnight but then during the day when I’m active, the fluid builds up again. What can I do to relieve this? (I have an autoimmune condition called Polymyositis.)
I would make sure you are eating enough protein, consuming enough minerals. You might have some heart or kidney compromise. Also, bounce on a ball for your lymphatic system.
2. Dr. Bob, My mom gave me your book about balancing female hormones during my first pregnancy and it wasn’t too relevant at the time. I am currently reading it. In the past few years, my diet has improved drastically and although I am very aware that it is not what it needs to be, many comment that it is much better than average. I have 2 boys ages 2 & 4 and would like to conceive again. I currently have an elevated prolactin level (64.3), and have amenorrhea and galactorrhea. I have a consult with a reproductive endocrinologist soon, but wanted to ask your recommendations? Also, what are your thoughts on the Whole 30 program?
In my experience, any time a female has two children or more, it is time to focus on your liver health. I recommend Dr. Bob’s ABCs (½ red apple, 1 medium carrot, and ⅓ cup beet fiber per day) and then a proper detox program (that we have available at our practice in Cleveland), plus adding a liver-based supplement like Milk Thistle.
3. What can I do for ringing in the ears?
I have found that ringing in the ears is caused from a subpar thyroid and/or a mineral need. You might have a food allergy, which we can test for, and I would also recommend a TSH T3, T4 for your thyroid.
4. Oil Pulling and How Does it Work?
From Dr. Bob: A few years ago, my dentist told me he saw an increasing amount of chronic bacteria and plaque in his patients. Instead of oil pulling, I personally use Agrisept to help with bacteria //5 drops 4-6 ounces of water for two weeks, then 10 drops per day.
From Other Sources: Oil pulling involves swishing oil around the mouth and has been used for thousands of years as an Indian folk remedy. In order to oil pull, you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth, then swish it around for 15-20 minutes. The main benefit of doing this, is that it reduces the amount of harmful bacteria in the mouth. There are actually thousands of different types of bacteria in the mouth. Some of them are friendly, others are not. The bacteria in the mouth create a “biofilm” on the teeth – a thin layer that they use to adhere to the surface. This is what we know as “plaque.”
5. What do you think of muscle testing? I do a Zyto Test and a manual muscle test that confirms one another. I am feeling 200% better since I’ve started.
From my experience, muscle testing is as objective as the practitioner and/or person being tested.
6. My Hypothalamus Gland is off the charts, and causing problems, what do you recommend to get it working normal? Thank you for your help!
Your brain is tired, and you might have an acid pH. Click here to watch my “Get to Know” pH for more information.
7. Dr Bob, Do you know what can help all the pain that I have that is worse at night, and wakes me up every three hours?
I would pursue to find out that you don’t have cancer, since cancer-like symptoms are active at night. Plus, you might need minerals like calcium.
8. Dr Bob ~ I am working on detox and I really having a trouble trying to eat beets. One of the worst tastes ever to me. Is there an alternative or any suggestions? Thank you and God Bless
Cook your beets with onions and sprinkle cinnamon on top.