These were the questions that were asked in this episode of #AskDrBob. We hope they make a difference in your life. If you have a general health question, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an upcoming episode.
1. Hello Dr. Bob. I’m breastfeeding and have extreme weight loss. I’m almost skinny. What can i do?
I would eat avocados and nuts, like almonds. (More info in video)
2. Hi Dr. Bob. My friend has stage 4 metastatic melanoma. Can you put something on YouTube about this? She was diagnosed with a re-occurrence. Location is the lymph nodes and place of origin is unknown. Prognosis is poor being stage 4. There are no studies available to her. We are desperate. She has a 10 week old newborn too. Ty!
It could be a parasite concern, and I would have a stool culture done as well. (More info in video).
3. If i was born with a fissured tongue would intaking more B vitamins help reduce the look of it?
I would consume vitamin B.
4. I came across your YouTube page and found it beneficial. I was wondering if you have something that could help me with my problem. I’m in my mid-20′s and recently started suffering from abnormal bleeding. I’ve been bleeding for 7 months now. I’m taking iron supplements to make up for the blood that I am losing. The doctors want to put me on birth control pills, however, I don’t want to put that in my body due to the many side-effects. I have done the ultrasound, blood test, and the internal pelvic test, and everything came normal. There are no fibroid, cysts or any infection. The doctor said it could be due to stress. I think my hormones are imbalanced due to going through a stressful period a couple months back. I wanted to try something naturally so I was told to take evening primrose oil capsules and dong-qua. It stopped the bleeding in the beginning but came back shortly after I placed physical stress on my body. I have also been taking Shepherd’s Purse tea which is saving my sanity right now, as it stops the bleeding in almost a few hours. However I believe it is only treating the symptoms and not the cure, because when I stop taking the tea then my bleeding comes back again and very heavy too. I wanted to ask you if you could please recommend something natural to me, natural herbal supplements or diet that would balance out my hormones, stop the abnormal bleeding and regulate my menstrual cycle.
Heavy menses is often too much estrogen. I would consider an Estronex exam, Calcium D-Glucarate and B vitamins.
5. When breastfeeding isn’t possible what would you recommend for an infant with a milk allergy. I’ve read that soy formula is not good due to the possible hormone disruption.
If you are breastfeeding your child and they are having an allergic reaction to your milk, it could be something that you are eating. Otherwise, goat’s milk is a milk that is closest to human breast milk. I would not consume soy-based formula.
6. I’d like to know to which oil eczema responds.
We have seen positive responses with Blackcurrant seed oil.
7. How to get rid of cherry hemangiomas, sebaceous hyperplasia, seborrheic keratosis, and white fatty bumps on eyelids.
I would clean up your liver (Calcium D Glucarate, milk thistle, and a castor oil pack)
From #OptimalU on gray hair:
8. Will it keep it from turning gray? & How do you make it grow thicker?
Premature gray hair can be a thyroid concern. I would consider essential fatty acids, additional minerals, and Inositol.
You can visit druglessdoctor.com to view all of the products listed.