Digestion

Digestion Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: 2 Things I'm Wondering

By Melissa6666

Hi, There is something I want to be sure about. First thing is this week I'm having endoscopy done and it's my first time going through such thing which I'm scared though and I'm wondering how does the procedure work?
The other thing I want to know is my left breast is very dense,tender, lumpy and sore and I have a lot of sensitivity to pain and I'm seeing my doctor for this in about 2 months meanwhile what concerns me is I feel something in my left breast which is painful and no breast ultrasound, MRI or mammogram show anything and my doctor says he doesn't see anything. Even though I feel something at the same spot which I get pain from it I want to know do you think if it's a good idea I see another oncology for second opinion? I do know that when a breast is very dense no ultrasound shows anything. This concerns me since I feel pain and feel like something is there, I'd like to get your suggestion if you don't mind. I've been thinking do you think it makes sense because of how my breast is I tell my doctor that if for example by injection he inserts it in the area where I feel it and take it out by injection to see if anything comes out, if something comes out like cyst fluid you know something is there, do you know what I mean by this, do you think it makes sense if I say this to my doctor? Please let me know soon.
Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa6666

Thanks for letting me know.
Melissa

Hi Melissa

Firstly, an endoscopy is a tool used to look inside your body. It looks a bit like a snake with a tiny camera on it. It will be inserted wherever your issue is and it allows a doctor to have a good look inside your body. 

Digestive systems and reproductive systems are very commom areas where an endoscopy is used. A patient is sedated for these procedures and will not feel anything. 

Secondly, it sounds like you want to have a breast biopsy done, to see what may be going on with your pain? If nothing else is showing something, then I don't see any problem with suggesting this to your current or a new doctor! 

I hope this has helped and good luck! 

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank for letting me know about the endoscopy. Since you said breast biopsy I will talk to my GYN and my oncologist about it soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi, Thanks so much for your reply. I will mention this to my GYN which I'm going to see her soon and I know this is something I should talk about to my oncologist to see what he will say about the breast biopsy. Thanks for explaining the endoscopy. I"m having this done tomorrow and I don't know why I"m so scared.

Thanks,
Melissa

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa

All procedures can seem a bit scary but I am sure you'll be just fine! Knowledge is power so ask as many questions as you like, before and after the procedure.

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi, I wanted to say my endoscopy procedure went well and he did biopsy to so now I'm waiting for the results. I do know I have symptoms of Hylocobactor Pylori infection and I was wondering do you think such biopsy will show if I have infection or bacteria?
Thanks,
Melissa

Hi Melissa

Glad things went ok! 

There are several methods to test for H Pylori - one being a biopsy (others being a stool sample, or blood or breath test) so yes, if they are testing for this via biopsy, they should get a result. 

What's your favorite veggie? :