Wellness

ask: abnormal stomach bulge after eating food/drinking water

Hello.

Off late i am experiencing an unusual stomach bulge after eating food and drinking water.my stomach bulges by 1-2 inches.I feel heavy like a big ball is kept in there.There is a slight pain too.I am eating right.Cereals for breakfast, small meals which inlude wheat bread , proteins, veges- green leafy and others, a small bowl of rice,little curd, fruits, fresh fruit juice with no sugar, good amount of water. but i don't know why this is happening? by the time i finish my dinner my stomach looks abnormally big and heavy and i feel gases moving inside.i never had this problem before and my diet used to be the same.I walk a lot ,do regular exercises and after having a stomach bulge problem am doing few stomach exercises as well. but none of this is solving my problem .A slight bulge is okay but why is my stomach expanding abnormally?

Unless you have 6-pack abs, your belly will fill out after any meal. Just like putting groceries in a shopping bag makes the bag no longer flat, our bellies are the same way. Once the food is digested, our bellies flatten again. Some people go for a big Italian meal and sometimes a belt has to be let out by an 1-2 inches or more!

You may have some kind of an allergy. You may be lactose intolerant (although you probably would have bowel issues as well, but gas is certainly an indication of intolerance) or have celiac disease. You can click on that name to read all about it. You may want to check with your health care provider to be allergy tested and tested for your tolerance to varies food groups.

We can become intolerant to many things in our adult life, so please get checked out. You may also be in the beginning stages of some kind of colon/bowel problem. Sometimes that begins with stomach upset and issues with gas.

Can you schedule an appointment to check things out?

Who would be right kind of specialist to schedule appointment with?

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: