Can I grow taller after my eating disorder and when will my period come back? please help.

I am around 168 cm, weight not sure as it fluctuates (I feel like I weigh 60kg) (last time (two weeks ago I weighed 55kg) yet since then I have been eating three meals a day and trying to not restrict nor skip meals however I have had an eating disorder (restricting and skipping meals) for around a year and a half. At one point I reached 50kg with a height of about 167cm. my period has always been irregular and it last came at the start of this year however not since. I am 16 and have always known that i struggled with not being skinny now I am trying to fix it. For about a week I have been eating normally yet I wonder whether I will grow (my whole family is very tall !) I am the only short one. please help. I have a fear of becoming fat and when I feel mentally unstable go back to not eating properly yet I know the dangers and risks.

You are only in the very early stages of recovery. Your period will come when you become healthy again - that could take weeks or months.

You may be naturally small, despite your parentage. 168cm is not considered small for a female. It's considered average. 55kg puts you at a slim build but not a dangerously thin one.

You're doing very well by getting back on track. You should get therapy and be in therapy for some time or these demons WILL pop up again.

Good luck to you - you can do this!

Eating Disorders

Eating Disorders Guide