Could my hormonal imbalance cause a false negative?

hi, i'm 23 me and my bf have been trying a whole year, but im irregular because of a known hormonal imbalance, but ive had my last cycle was light and only 5 day normally heavy and 7 days long. ive been have signs, but ive taken 3 test all negative, could i be pregnant and the hormonals cause a false negative test? its now may 8th and still no cycle.

The answer is no, a hormone imbalance won't show up as a false negative. Pregnancy tests look for the hormone hcg that is only found in pregnant women. It's not in your body unless you are pregnant (and sometimes in the days after birth or a miscarriage).

It could be that your imbalance is causing difficultly in you getting pregnant and if you've been trying for a year, it may time to talk to your doctor about looking into fertility options.

Our best to you,