Q: 

Is cryptic pregnancy real and can it last for more than 12 months?

By Anonymous March 20, 2017 - 1:05am

Hello,
I may sound gullible, uneducated, and crazy, but I've come across this website on the internet, it's called the cryptic pregnancy support group and it's adding fuel to my pregnancy scare. So I've come to you in the hopes that you will help me clear some of the junk in my mind.

The cryptic pregnancy support group claims that in these types of pregnancies the HCG level is little to none, resulting in many negative urine and blood tests for many months, the entire 9 months of a normal pregnancy actually. And even an ultrasound machine isn't able to pick it up because again the HCG level is low and during cryptic pregnancy women continue to have their monthly bleeding which also doesn't let the HCG level rise resulting in the slow growth of the baby and that's why it can take up to years (about 2-4years they said I think) for the baby to develop and come out of the mother.

Another reason they said ultrasound misses theses babies is because they are very small so they can swim away or hide. Another point they put is that because sometimes the uterus can be in the back its hard to spot a pregnancy, or it goes unnoticed because either the uterus is tilted and the ultrasounds cannot see through organs and according to them that's where a baby would hide or swim away and go unnoticed

I've also watched the show "I didn't even know I was pregnant and the women don't know if were pregnant until they go in labor and end up delivering a baby, but after 9 months. But if those women, say had gotten an ultrasound at 18 weeks hen they would've known FOR SURE that they are in fact pregnant, correct?

I don't want to believe everything the cryptic pregnancy group is saying online, but I need some professional advice and that's why I have come here! I know I can trust the advice and suggestions given on Empowher! Please help me calm my worries and clear my doubts
Looking forward to your reply. Than you for your time

Anon

Anonymous

If you had a miscarriage then got pregnant again, it may seem like one pregnancy.