Does the "try for a year" rule really apply to all women under 35?

I am a 32 year old healthy female. I have very regular cycles and seem to also ovulate regularly. My husband and I have been trying for 6 months to get pregnant and have not been successful. We did have my husband tested fairly early on and everything was fine with him. Since we both seem to be in good health from a fertility standpoint I worry that there is something hiding that I am just not seeing my regular cycles. Most resources say to try for a year befor seeking advice if your under the age of 35. I can understand this if your in your 20s for example. For those of us that are my age and getting closer to that age which seems to be called a turning point in fertility, is it possible that maybe we should seek assistance sooner? I have done so much research and the one thing I have found is that none of this is a quick process. I worry that I will try for a year unsuccessfuly, only to spend another 6 months to a year going through more testing. By that point I will already be 34 years old. At what point do you take control and request that yoru doctors take a more proactive approach? And will they even listen?

Your question was answered here: http://www.empowher.com/groups/fertility-and-infertility/posts/how-long-do-you-feel-long-enough-try-conceive-seeking-treatme

We ask our readers only post their question once so that all our readers have a chance to be helped but I understand that you write your original question in our Groups forum and may have worried it wouldn't be seen. Thanks for your understanding in this!

As to your title - generally this standard applies to all healthy women under 35 with no history of reproductive problems.