Does washing with soap and water kill sperm on hands?

My boyfriend and I engaged in manual sex. If before fingering me he had semen on his hands, I wanted to know if him washing his hands with soap and water is enough to get rid of the sperm so it can't get my pregnant. I'm not on birth control and we didn't use protection. As a precaution before manual sex aka fingering, are soap and water enough to make sure that my boyfriend has no sperm on his hands? I also gave him a handjob and he ejaculated with wet fresh semen on my hands but I went to the bathroom and washed it off with luke warm water and antibacterial soap and then dried after. After drying I urinated and washed my vagina with antibacterial soap touching it with the same hand, in order to prevent a UTI. I'm sorry I'm just really worried that I may not be pregnant so I'm freaking myself out. This event happened March 15th (11 days after my period had started) so its been over 2 weeks since then, if I take a pregnancy test will it be accurate? I don't expect my period till April 3rd

Anonymous

my boyfriend and i were messing around, he had some precum but then we both washed and dried our hands then he went on to putting his fingers in my genital but not inside the vagina, after, i have him a hand job and he ejaculated on his shirt, he then took a shower and after a few hours he "fingered" me again and i made him wash his hands before because he had touched his penis to like fix it however it had no ejaculate fluid. i can tell i am ovulating right now because of the time and the way my cervical mucus looks, are there any chances this could get me pregnant? also, is washing hands with soap and water effective to remove the sperm or should one not even finger someone even if they washed their hands?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Handwashing with soap and water will remove all semen. There should have been no risk for pregnancy later on because your boyfriend had washed his hands again.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

When you say it will remove the semen does that include the sperm?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes. Semen contains sperm.

Regards,

Anonymous

hi, I did a handjob, and my boyfriend ejaculated on my hands, then both of us washed w soap and water. about 1-2 hours later, I touched my vagina to check my discharge. the next day, my boyf washed his hands w soap and water before touching my vagina but need not fingered me, he just touched the outside ,can I get pregnant by both of this situations? He assured me that he did not touched his penis after washing his hands

It's a little concerning you think pregnancy can happen this way. Did you have sex ed at school? If not, it's a good idea to study on your own so you know how sex and the human body works. This will eliminate a lot of stress than the unknown can cause.

A woman cannot get pregnant unless she has unprotected sex (both naked) with ejaculation inside (or rarely, on the opening of) her vagina.

So you cannot get pregnant from what you did. I don’t think you have much to worry about!

Read more here: : www.empowher.com/community/share/outercourse-dry-humping-dry-sex-...

Anonymous

Me and my boyfriend were messing around and he ejaculated on his stomach and a bit on my hand, we both washed but then had sex about 10 - 15 mins later but not for long because we were both worried. This has happened about 2 times now and also similar situations. It's been 2 - 3 weeks since the first and we're both worried that I might have got pregnant, I know it's a stupid thing to do but I'm really worried

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you are not ready to become pregnant but are sexually active, please start using birth control. Engaging in this time of behavior is like playing with matches. Sooner or later, you are going to get burned (pregnant).

Having unprotected intercourse will lead to pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Me and my boyfriend were messing around and I was giving him a handjob. He cummed and then washed his hands really well with lots of soap and water. About 5-10 minutes later he fingered me and went inside me. Could he have gotten me pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, because he washed his hands well with soap and water before he touched you.

Regards,