Pregnancy Guide

ask: Does washing with soap and water kill sperm on hands?

My boyfriend and I engaged in manual sex. If before fingering me he had semen on his hands, I wanted to know if him washing his hands with soap and water is enough to get rid of the sperm so it can't get my pregnant. I'm not on birth control and we didn't use protection. As a precaution before manual sex aka fingering, are soap and water enough to make sure that my boyfriend has no sperm on his hands? I also gave him a handjob and he ejaculated with wet fresh semen on my hands but I went to the bathroom and washed it off with luke warm water and antibacterial soap and then dried after. After drying I urinated and washed my vagina with antibacterial soap touching it with the same hand, in order to prevent a UTI. I'm sorry I'm just really worried that I may not be pregnant so I'm freaking myself out. This event happened March 15th (11 days after my period had started) so its been over 2 weeks since then, if I take a pregnancy test will it be accurate? I don't expect my period till April 3rd

Anonymous

Hi, I gave someone a handjob then washed my hands then had a bath is there any possible way sperm was still there and swam into my vagina and got me pregant this happened about six weeks ago, or I'm I just freaking myself out?

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I were playing around and he got pre-cum on my chest. I wiped it off with a tissue, but I'm not sure if I got all of it. I then took a shower where I cleaned my chest with soap and water and then cleaned my vulva with soap and water. I cleaned inside and around the vaginal opening because I was panicked and didn't want any pre-cum to be washed from my chest to my vagina. Now I'm wondering if that was a bad idea because by cleaning vigorously inside the vaginal lips and around the opening I may have pushed pre-cum or sperm into the vagina? Is there any chance of me getting pregnant from this? I've heard that sperm is just a hitchhiker in pre-cum from a previous ejaculation. He had not previously ejaculated at all that day, however I have been reading studies that say that pre-cum can contain sperm without prior ejaculation. Please help me!

Anonymous

he came on my hand and i wiped it off.. 2 hrs later, i touched myself but did not put my finger inside me. will i get pregnant? im very nervous. plus, i have different period cycles so i dont really know when my next period arrive

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is no risk of pregnancy here but practice good hygiene (hand-washing with soap) so that you don't transfer this kind of matter onto other things. 

I still don't have my period and it's the 41st day of my cycle and I have different cycles every month

Anonymous

Me and my boyfriend are still virgins. Last week me and my boyfriend were messing around, he was on his back and the lips of my vagina were on the length of his penis and never touched the head of it. He did ejaculate and the semen got on his stomach. I am sure that i did not touch it considering that my vag never touched the head of his penis and the semen went straight to his stomach. We sit next to each other for a couple of minutes then he wipes all of the semen off of his abs with toilet paper and then he washed his hands with soap and water more than twice even though the semen never directly touched his hands. We put our clothes back on, hang out for at least 45 minutes, maybe more and then he fingered me multiple times. So many people have told me i have no chance of getting pregnant but i'm still wanting another opinion. Can i get pregnant?

You have no chance of pregnancy if there was no ejaculation near your vaginal opening but your sexual activity is risky and you're getting pretty close to having sex. Use a method of birth control in future. 

Anonymous

Okay so I gave my boyfriend a hand job and he pre cumed then rinsed hishands in a cup of water cause the pre cum got on his hands .after he rinsed he ffingered me. Some got on my hand but I left it on for like 45 minuted and wiped myself after I peed and my hand tore through the napkin. Can I still get pregnant ?

No, you cannot get pregnant this way. Practicing better hygiene will decrease this risk even more.

Anonymous

Hello! My boyfriend came inside me while im on my second day period. But i immediately washed my vagina. Can i still got pregnant?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :