Does washing with soap and water kill sperm on hands?

My boyfriend and I engaged in manual sex. If before fingering me he had semen on his hands, I wanted to know if him washing his hands with soap and water is enough to get rid of the sperm so it can't get my pregnant. I'm not on birth control and we didn't use protection. As a precaution before manual sex aka fingering, are soap and water enough to make sure that my boyfriend has no sperm on his hands? I also gave him a handjob and he ejaculated with wet fresh semen on my hands but I went to the bathroom and washed it off with luke warm water and antibacterial soap and then dried after. After drying I urinated and washed my vagina with antibacterial soap touching it with the same hand, in order to prevent a UTI. I'm sorry I'm just really worried that I may not be pregnant so I'm freaking myself out. This event happened March 15th (11 days after my period had started) so its been over 2 weeks since then, if I take a pregnancy test will it be accurate? I don't expect my period till April 3rd

Anonymous

so the thing is.. I just gave my boyfriend a handjob and after that both of us immediately washed out hands with soap. I washed twice with soap and water. then I wiped it on my shirt. right after I'm done washing my hands, I went to clean up myself. when I was cleaning myself up, I used cold water to rinse and I used the same hand to clean myself. I use a finger to went in to check for my discharge, but before going in with that one finger (same hand) I washed it with body wash and dry it with a towel. I'm worried that I might get pregnant because I'm afraid that the water doesn't wash off ALL the sperms and the fluids throughly..

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is no risk here - don't worry about any "what if's" - soap and water sufficed to clean your hands properly.

oh... and also I forgot to mention that I just finished my period like 3 days ago and my cycles are usually 30+ days. that means that I'm not ovulating yet right?

It's not likely you're ovulating, no. I think you can relax.

Anonymous

Hi, my boyfriend and I were making out and touching and I touched the tip of his penis and there was some preejaculate on it. I wiped my hands on sheets and when I came home (after about 2 hours) I washed my hands. Later I was masturbating by myself (and till that I washed hands 2 or 3 times) but clitoral not fingering. When I was with him I was fully clothed so he never touched my vagina. When that happened I was on 5th day of my cycle, still bleeding a bit.
Now it is 13th day of my cycle, I'm probably ovulating so I noticed some dark brown blood stains on my panties. I read that is normal when ovulating but never happened to me before, also I read this can be caused by fertilised egg... I am really worried, please help me... Thank you, Gina

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Gina,

There was never any risk for you to become pregnant.

Dark brown spotting is simply old blood and uterine tissue left from your last period. Some women have this dark discharge before their periods start.

You read about implantation bleeding. This is pink or brown spotting that sometime happens when the fertilized egg implants in the lining of the uterus. This is not what is happening with you.

Relax. Nothing to worry about.

Anonymous

Hello susan,
Me and my girlfriend were fooling around, and first before she gave me a handjob, we both use antiseptic on our hands and then we used tissue to clean the wetness, after that i touch my penis and after i touched it, i rub my hands on my jeans and touch her very outer part of her vagina and im afraid that sperms might went in, and i really stressed out right now, but i didnt feel any wet spot after i touch my penis but to make sure i just rubbed it on my jeans, that happened before ejaculation occur but im still afraid
Thankyou for your help susan
God bless you

Don't engage in these kinds of activities if you fear pregnancy. Nobody can guarantee anything but your risk sounds close to zero. Practice better hygiene in future by using soap and warm water.

please help

Hi please answer me, is water enough to wash my hand with sperm? i can't remember if i wash it well but after washing my hand with tap water i wash my vagina can i get pregnant? im really worried please helpp, im a vergine

please help (reply to please help)

*virgin

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :