ask: Does washing with soap and water kill sperm on hands?

My boyfriend and I engaged in manual sex. If before fingering me he had semen on his hands, I wanted to know if him washing his hands with soap and water is enough to get rid of the sperm so it can't get my pregnant. I'm not on birth control and we didn't use protection. As a precaution before manual sex aka fingering, are soap and water enough to make sure that my boyfriend has no sperm on his hands? I also gave him a handjob and he ejaculated with wet fresh semen on my hands but I went to the bathroom and washed it off with luke warm water and antibacterial soap and then dried after. After drying I urinated and washed my vagina with antibacterial soap touching it with the same hand, in order to prevent a UTI. I'm sorry I'm just really worried that I may not be pregnant so I'm freaking myself out. This event happened March 15th (11 days after my period had started) so its been over 2 weeks since then, if I take a pregnancy test will it be accurate? I don't expect my period till April 3rd

Anonymous

So I performed oral sex on my partner and swallowed all of the ejaculate , washed my hands with soap and water , my boyfriend moved his penis then rinsed his hands , idk how long after he fingered me but is there any chance of pregnancy? I then gave oral sex again but I'm pretty sure I did not touch down there.

Anonymous

today I had given a hand job to my boyfriend after he fingered me, andI washed my hands with water and then directly with soap and water quickly and wiped my hands with tissue. I don't remember if I've touched myself after that(99% sure not) but it just kind of worries me about being pregnant. we agreed to not do this again as it keeps me worried, even though it was fun. but it's just the unwanted tension I'd like to stay away from.I just need someone to ensure me about not being pregnant this way, even though I know I can't.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

As you can read through this thread, there is no way for you to become pregnant. 

Anonymous

Me and my girlfriend are both virgins, i ejaculated on myself and then rinsed it off with cold water quickly and rubbed my self of with a towel quickly. I then went back to her and we started rubbing our private parts on each other naked, is there any chance of pregnancy in a situation like this?

There is no risk of pregnancy. Please read through the previous answers as your question is very similar .

Anonymous

once semen touches water it is dead

Anonymous

Hi. My gf were fooling around with our clothes all over the floor, i then touched my penis and have precum on my hands and im not sure whether it got wiped off somehow, but after touching it for less than 2minutes i started fingering her. Will she get pregnant? Please help

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It is questionable if there is sperm in pre-ejaculate. There could be some left if you recently ejaculated. The risk for pregnancy in this case is very low to none. If your girlfriend is late in starting her next period by at least seven days, she should take a pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thanks Maryann. I will take note. Also, i didn't add in this detail. Im not sure whether its my cum on her vagina or its her discharge, i was fingering her and a while later i noticed a white CLEAR thick-like discharge on the side of her vagina. I assume its part of ovulation? I am really not sure and terified.

Anonymous

he came on my hand and i wiped it off.. 2 hrs later, i touched myself but did not put my finger inside me. will i get pregnant? im very nervous. plus, i have different period cycles so i dont really know when my next period arrive

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :