Does washing with soap and water kill sperm on hands?

My boyfriend and I engaged in manual sex. If before fingering me he had semen on his hands, I wanted to know if him washing his hands with soap and water is enough to get rid of the sperm so it can't get my pregnant. I'm not on birth control and we didn't use protection. As a precaution before manual sex aka fingering, are soap and water enough to make sure that my boyfriend has no sperm on his hands? I also gave him a handjob and he ejaculated with wet fresh semen on my hands but I went to the bathroom and washed it off with luke warm water and antibacterial soap and then dried after. After drying I urinated and washed my vagina with antibacterial soap touching it with the same hand, in order to prevent a UTI. I'm sorry I'm just really worried that I may not be pregnant so I'm freaking myself out. This event happened March 15th (11 days after my period had started) so its been over 2 weeks since then, if I take a pregnancy test will it be accurate? I don't expect my period till April 3rd

Lalaness

Hi i just want to ask, i gave my boyfriend a handjob then he ejaculated, i had his cum on my thumb then i wiped it off with tissue then afterwards i washed my hands with soap and water but i wasnt able to dry them off , i touched my vagina with wet hands because of the water or because of washing, can i get pregnant from this?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Lalaness)

Hi Lalaness,

No. There was no chance to become pregnant because you washed away any semen.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

HI Maryann Gromisch RN,

Me and my GF had some hot session with each other. I forgot to use protection. I rubbed my penis with her clitoris but didn't put in vagina. But I had pre ejaculate fluid over my penis and she is on her 3rd of periods and she is virgin. Is she get pregnancy with this act? Hope u will replay to this. Thank you in advance.

- Dhiraj

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Dhiraj,

To speculate the risk for pregnancy, let's look at what you shared.

There would have been no risk if your girlfriend was on the third day of her period.

Pre ejaculate is the clear, colorless, viscous fluid that is emitted from the urethra of the penis during sexual arousal. It is similar in composition to semen but has some significant chemical differences.

After ejaculation, whether by masturbation or sex with a partner, sperm may be left over in the urethra, the tube that semen travels through.

Urinating between ejaculations flushes the urethra of these leftover sperm and clears the way for pre ejaculate.

If sperm remain in the urethra from a previous ejaculation, they may be released with pre ejaculate. During unprotected vaginal sex, this could allow sperm to enter the vagina and possibly fertilize an egg, even if the man were to pull out before ejaculating.

Dhiraj, without penetration and ejaculation, and if she was having her period, there should not have been a risk of her becoming pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous

please i want to know if using liquid soap for masturbation affects my sperm count during test? i went to the clinic to check for fertility test and i used a liquid shower soap to masturbate and after the test the doctor said my sperm is just 6 which is still confusing to me so i was thinking maybe my sperm got in contact with the soap and something happen...please it is possible help me

I will do my best to help you. Let's begin by looking at the test that was done- sperm analysis

The most important parameters in a semen analysis are:

Concentration (often called "count") - how many sperm are in each ml of semen?
Motility - what percent of them are swimming forward?
Morphology - what percent of them are normally shaped?

The World Health Organization's 5th edition of "normal semen analysis" value for sperm concentration or count is 15,000,000/ml or more

Cutoff values for normal vary somewhat, depending on the lab and the interpreter.

Anonymous, you may want to double check with the doctor to determine what exactly he meant by 6.

Your sperm count is considered lower than normal if you have fewer than 15 million sperm per milliliter of semen.

Anonymous, using liquid soap during masturbation did not contribute or cause a low sperm count.

You can learn more about causes and risk factors of low sperm count by visiting the Mayo Clinic website.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/low-sperm-count/basics/cau...
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/low-sperm-count/basics/ris...

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello, I've been stressing a lot lately just last weekend I gave my boyfriend a handjob after he came I washed my hands with soap and then went to the toilet...I was meant to get my period Wednesday and I'm 4 days overdue (I also have irregular periods) but I have been crying a lot lately...I'm worried I could be pregnant??

If this was your only sexual encounter since your last period, there was no risk for becoming pregnant. You washed your hands with soap and water, which would have removed any semen. Just try to relax.

You may want to consider speaking with a gynecologist about your irregular menstrual cycle and birth control options.

Anonymous

hi, I gave my boyfriend handjob, he came. we then washed our hands because he fingered me too, after washing hands with soap and water, about 5~10 minutes later, he fingered me again. can I get pregnant?

forget to add on, after he came, he did use th hands he use to fingered me to touch his semen then he went to washed his hands with soap and water