Is eveyone able to control their gout outbreaks with nothing but including sour cherries in their diet?

By Anonymous April 13, 2011 - 1:04pm

I first developed gout about two years or so ago, so I'm a newby. I couldn't tolerate the conventional Rx treatment (violent night-sweats) so I opted instead for the sour cherry regimen. It worked fine as long as I didn't forget to keep up with my "snack" schedule. Then, recently I developed a case of flu, lasting three weeks, that generally allowed me to eat only chicken soup and very little of it. Needless to say, my consumption of a handfull of dried cherries a day stopped. Also needless to say, no sooner did my flu get better my gout flared up again. I'm back on my dried cherry consumption and the gout is already about 90% subsided. So I wonder... does eveyone get similar results from the cherry regimen?

I have had gout for years, and tried just about everything without success.I reduced meat to, minimum once
a week, stopped alcohol altogether.I was having LOTS of fruit and vegetables and my gout was worsening.
Finally I have read something about Excessive fructose increasing uric acid.I experimented reducing my fruit
intake to 2 a day, and bingo within days I saw a dramatic improvement.Cherries are the only exception.
I eat a lot of them when in season,with no ill effects.
Tony Phylactou

Thanks for your post - what an interesting treatment you have for Gout - and one that apparently works very well!

We have an article here about how we can help ourselves with diet and your method is included, you can read it here: http://www.empowher.com/gout/content/self-help-measures-gout

Also, take a look at our Gout page where there are articles and questions from other readers, you may be able to see if someone has used the same method as you: http://www.empowher.com/condition/gout

If anyone reading this has more to add, please do so!

Gout Guide