facial tick/twitching

By February 3, 2011 - 7:34pm

my upper lip began to do this a month ago, it's 24/7. once the lower lip began to as well, but stopped.it went back to just my upper lip. could this be a pinched nerve?

This link may be helpful in finding a resource for free or low-cost care. http://www.freeclinics.us/freeclinic.php

Hi 2tiredkat!

Yes, the twitching is likely due to nerve damage. Along with to upper lip twitch, do you also feel pain?

(reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

no pain as yet, my neck and shoulders are stiff, but i'm used it. any clues? i guess i need to get an adjustment and soon. you say..damage..have i hurt something? i know you can't tell here, just speculate..thanx

HERWriter Guide (reply to 2tiredkat)

Hi 2tiredkat

Unfortunately as you said, we can only speculate as to possible nerve damage.

But I noticed your screen name and also the fact that certain twitching is directly related to fatigue. Might this be the case for you?

A week ago I took a hard face first on cement fall. I got a big gash on the bridge of my nose, two black eyes, a busted upper lip and road rash on my cheek. Everything seems to be healing up, but since the swelling on my lip went down, I have now developed a upper lip twitch. I can't purse my lips, or seal them, like to swish mouth wash. Do you think this is just temporary nerve damage from the trauma? How long before it should go away?
Thanks for any advice.

I think there may definitely be a correlation between your lip injury and the current twitch. It may continue this way for several weeks. If you still have it in a month or so (or it changes or gets worse), get it checked.

It's been a few days since you posted - is it still the same?

Yes, it is still there, numb and tingling too. Still hard to drink through a straw or purse my lips tight enough to swish mouth wash. The left side of my nose is numb too. I think all the odd sensations are signs of healing, but it is very frustrating. It has been 10 days. I know these things take time, I hope to see much more improvment over the next week. My cuts are healing well. I've been really working at that.
Thanks, Tam

i hadn't even thought of that..any ideas as to how i can get a dr to run test? without insurance all i have is the clinic and da's, a thyroid test shows normal, but they haven't checked for hormone balance, or vitamin defiencies (D). i'm doing some homework, this has just got to go away. thanx