Getting to my breaking point,HELP!

By May 26, 2011 - 11:17am

Hello all. I am a 24yr old women who has been married for 3 yrs. Out of those 3 yrs my husband and I have been trying on and on to get pregnant but it just hasn’t happened. At one point in time I had horrible cycle problems I will bleed for months and I was put on birth control to get my cycle regular. Now my cycle, I wouldn’t say back to normal that I can track ovulation dates but its back to where I will not bleed for months. My concern is that I can not have kids or maybe he can not. I tried to wait it out but I really want my own child so I need to know. So my question is does anyone know of any reasonable or free places that will test the both of us or one of to see about having a baby. I live in the Los angles area. Thank you in advance.

Thank You so much.I will look into the sites you gave me.

Hi onlyoneme

Thanks for your post. I personally do not know of any place in LA, but perhaps one of our readers who sees this does! If so, please post your information!

One thing you can do is talk to your regular doctor and ask her for a referral to a free or low cost clinic. The problem with infertilty and cost is that other diseases and conditions are put before that issue because it's not life-threatening and money is spent on conditions that can harm or kill. This doesn't mean to say it's not an important issue, of course.

If you would like to call around yourself to ask what can be done for free or a sliding scale in your area, you can start right here:

or here:
http://www.thesabanfreeclinic.org/ - this organization has a special OB/GYN department.

Please don't give up hope and I hope at least one of these clinics can help you.

Keep us posted!