Has anyone heard about a husband putting his wife on a pedestal and emotionally abusing their children?

i couldn't leave until my children were grown. Eventually I did leave, with God and with the idea that being a bag lady was better than where I was. I reached out for help, got a job, bought a house, almost paid off and have one daughter living with me. She is ready to buy her first house. The other daughter the one he abused the most and she has run off to Bulovia with my youngest grandson. She lost two other children to her ex husband. I raised one from eleven to eighteen. My therapist at the time said she had never heard of a case like mine and I want to know if anyone else has. One other thing, after one failed marriage he married my sister.

Thanks for your post and I'm glad things are looking good for you, although I am sure you miss your daughter and grand-children a lot.

I've heard many strange tales of relationships, marriage and divorce. Some men do put their wives on a pedestal as you mentioned, while not caring much for their children. These are men who probably should never have had kids in the first place. Just because your therapist has personally not heard of someone with a similar life, doesn't mean you're alone in this. We all have our own unique lives and stories that don't match up to others.

If you would like to talk more about your life, consider group therapy where you may encounter women with experiences that can help you make sense of things. I hope perhaps some of our readers will chime in and help you out too.