Has anyone tried CrossFit?

By October 16, 2012 - 10:08am

I have lost 80 pounds and kept it off the past 3 years! I stopped all of the crazy diets and counting calories with strenuous hours of workouts! I kept with the general rule of healthy eating+exercise= Weight Loss. I have started a blog and ebook about my successes (http://sheisjustgettingstarted.blogspot.com) Now, however I want to challenge myself even more, and I have a few friends that do CrossFit and love it! But it seems a little intimidating...I use the weight machines at the gym and lift dumbells but that's about it....has anyone tried CrossFit or have some experiences they can share?

Hi Jackie

Well done on your weight loss!

I haven't done Cross Fit personally but those that I know who have done it really like the results. It won't cause a lot more weight loss - exercise usually doesn't - it's eating fewer calories that does that.

But I know that this kind of exercise tones and strengthens and is great cardio (and it's pretty intense!) so we wish you the best on it! Hopefully others who have done it can give you their input!

Fitness Guide