Hospitals allowing new moms drive themselves and their new babies/companions home

By September 9, 2013 - 8:21pm

Mean for the uncomplicated ones as opposed to more complicated ones. At the same time as anyone here heard/read/whatever else about this.

This is the 1st time that I have read about something like this in a book that I recently read (Expecting Better, Emily Oster) in which Ms Oster was allowed to this. Whom had uncomplicated labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum with her 1st child (daughter's one). I for one would rather see these kind of moms give birth properly (at home/freestanding birth center with midwife/ives, maybe doula/s) as opposed to improperly (at hospital with doctor/s, nurse/s, tech/s, maybe other/s).

Hi Jessica

Personally I don't see anything wrong with this - if a new mom is reasonably rested and no in pain or on meds that could affect her driving, why shouldn't she drive herself home? A natural vaginal birth often sees a woman up and walking about the next day - it's the c-sections that take so long to heal.

Women are lucky today in that they can choose to give birth at home or at a birthing center or regular hospital. As long as the woman is happy with her choice, that's all that matters!