How can I stay fit while traveling?

I love to travel and go on trips. But sometimes it's difficult for me to stick to a regular workout routine while I am traveling away from home. How can I continue exercising while I am traveling or on vacation?

Hi soccerfan

I agree that it's very hard to stay fit when travelling but there are definitely ways! 

Firstly, if staying in a hotel, make sure they have a gym - the vast majority of hotels do. Even a basic gym with a treatmill, bike and eliptical will keep you fit. Use it early in the morning or when you get back to minimize losing your fitness level. 

Many hotels also have pools - lap swimming is very healthy so pack your swimsuit. 

Choose a hotel near parks for power-walks and runs. 

If you are a member of a gym, check to see if they are linked to other gyms nationally. Many are - you can use your own gym membership by attending the same chain or the gyms that have a deal with your own gym. Your gym will have a list. Bring your membership card when you travel. 

Lastly, many gyms offer guest passes for a low fee. You can have a full workout for less than $5 in many gyms. 

Enjoy this video on ways to keep fit while travelling:

Happy travels and stay healthy! 

Fitness Guide