how to prepare your body to have kids again after 40?

By September 9, 2013 - 11:07am

I am 44 years of age. I have been married for 1 year. my Husband has never been married before and has never had children before. however i have four adult children from a previous marriage.
I would like to bless my Husband with a child because he really would like one.
what are the steps to re-preparing yourself to start over again.....body wise and eating wise?

Hi Valeria

A healthy body is a great start to having a healthy pregnancy. Make sure you eat lots of unprocessed foods with plenty of lean protein and fresh fruit and veg. A prenatal supplement before you get pregnant is a good idea so you can start taking them now if you wish. 

Exercise is excellent both for body and mind - try to workout or exercise at least every other day.

Talk to your doctor about wanting to have a baby. Healthy babies are born to women in their mid 40s,  but it's not common. About 10% of the women got pregnant naturally, the rest have used fertility treatments of some kind and the risk of miscarriage for a woman your age is over 50%. These are just some things to think about as you try for pregnancy. You may need to use donor eggs.

Even if a woman is fit and healthy, her eggs are still 44 - this is considered the time where fertility is ending and a woman will be considered high risk. But nothing is impossible - just starting working on this straight away!

We wish you great success!

Thank You so much!!!
I still have a little hope!