Female Sexual Dysfunction

Female Sexual Dysfunction Guide

ask: I am a 21 year old female with no sex drive... Help?

I am a 21 year old female with no sex drive. I love my boyfriend, I WANT to be intimate with him, but once the time comes for intercourse, I am dry as a desert downstairs and confused because I know I want him. It is like there is no communication between my brain and my body parts. We've talked this through (because we've both had problems as of late), and both of us have come to the conclusion that we are tired and our diets are different as of late because we are not at home (actually on the other side of the country for a few more weeks). I understand diet can affect sex-drive but my diet has probably improved since being here, but I can admit that I've been pretty tired. Also, in the past month, I started bleeding mid-cycle even though I take the pill consistently. I visited the doctor and everything was normal, and I will start a new pill in a week or two once this cycle is done. I just don't know what to do. We want each other so badly, but I wasn't ready dowstairs when he was definitely ready. What can I do?

Anonymous

well...go see a docter and get check out =)

Anonymous

Help!
I am a 21 year old female, and I have been in a relationship for five years. I still masturbate every now and again, however when it comes to having sex I just don't want to, affection in general other than cuddling is akward for me all of sudden. I have never cheated on my boyfriend and as far as i know I don't believe hes cheated either lol. I just don't know whats wrong with me. Sometimes I say that its bc hes not aggressive or spontaneous and won't just take me when he has the urge b.c those are qualities that turn me on... other times people have suggested that maybe I am just not attracted to him anymore--- this is something I refuse to believe , bc why on earth would I stay with someone that I am not attracted to? Right? I know for a fact I could not picture my life without him, and I know for a fact there is not one other guy that I could possibly be interested in or attracted to for that matter...Another reason I sometimes attribute this to is that we fight an awful lot about insignifcant issues ? Is that why? and if it is why are we fighting all the time ( most of our fights in my opinion I feel like are my fault, like i pick the fights alot=/ but i cant stop it and i dont know why i do it !!) He is a fantastic guy and like i said I do not doubt my love for him even a little bit and when it comes to trust I honestly do not think that I trust anyone more than I trust him.... so what the heck is the problem?? HELP ME !

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to Anonymous)

Anon,

How long have you felt this way? In order for you to enjoy cuddling and sex for that matter-- there must be a connection felt between you and your boyfriend. You could still be attracted to him but the stress that has been put on your relationship with the arguing lately could be the reason why sex has become more of a chore and decreased your sex drive-- do you think this could be it?

If you think it could be medically related-- have you ha a complete blood count done? Just to see if it could be anything hormonal?

Keep us posted!

Rosa

search4answers (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Hmm.. I think I've felt like this for at the very least about 6 months...sadly. Everything you just said feels like it could be exactly whats going on... wow.
Any chance you have any advice as to why we keep fighting...and mor specifically why I seem to be the one who often picks majority of the fights? Sometimes I know if i say something it will cause an argument or at the very least agitate him...but I say it anyway? Other times I feel like it is absolutely justified for me to say w/e it is that I am saying but then mid fight I know that I am wrong but I just can't put an end to the fight admit Im wrong and make up...whhy??
Like I said before he truly is a good boyfriend... he deals with my craziness (the fighting)... he deals with the not having sex thing (but this is partly because he believes some of the cause is due to his actions as well as mine)... he will literally drop everything to ensure that I am happy (which sometimes just frustrates me bc I want him to be more assertive and 'manly' for lack of a better word)... and so on... so I just don't know what my deal is ? I feel so ungrateful, I should be thriulled to have someone like this in my life and I am , but no matter what theres always something-- do I just suck? or is there some root cause to all of this... ?
As to the medical comment- I have never really been checked out for this...but Im thinking I should really look into it now... I just feel like theres something wrong with me maybe medically.. maybe just emotionally idk but its crazy for a girl to not be happy with a guy as caring honest attentive and supportive as he is ..its just not right...ya know? (And I am not one of those girls that make her boyfriend out to be God, I do truly believe this ...and alot of the time I feel very undeserving to have someone like this who is so dedicated to me? I just don't want to lose him bc I can't overcome my issues, if we were to break up ideally I would love it to be just a mutual decision with no if ands or buts...but hey... I guess we would all want that now wouldnt we =//....BLA lol

I know theres probably no expert advice to this issue ...but honestly.. Ill take what I can get any outside genuine honest opinion is really all I am looking for. I just want to be good for him, and as good to him as he is to me. Why is this difficult- why do I always mess it up?

Anonymous (reply to search4answers)

I read your description of your relationship and it sounds just like mine. I've been with my boyfriend for a little over a year now and I love him, no doubt that I do. we do fight and I do start it. I throw little cheap shot comments at him about a situation in our past. I know it will upset him, but I can't stop myself. I, like you said, feel justified in doing it. but the reason I do is because I still resent him for that situation in our past. and even though I've agreed to continue with him, Im not completely over it. everyone tells me to get over it and I just can't. I love him and we're happy almost 100% of the time, it's just when I start these fights. I think now that we've become more serious, and Im still not over it, it may contribute to my lack of a sex drive. I mean, sis months ago, we weren't in love and I didn't care as much about that problem. sometimes I worry that Im not attracted to him anymore, but when I imagine being with anyone else, I know I don't want that. anyway, once we get going in bed, Im into it. it's just the getting started that's difficult.
you mentioned him not being so assertive and "manly". I like that too! my past lovers were all that way. we've talked about my inability lately and we want to fix it! I suggested him being more aggressive once in awhile. and spontaneous. something has to work cause Im not letting go! I hope this helps.

Anonymous

Hello,
I am a 21yr. Woman. With a 2 1/2 year old I have been with my loving boy friend for some time now. But we are having problems well really its me I have no sex drive al all he wants to have sex and I don't want any thing to do with it I mean I dread having sex. We have sex ever 2to 3 Weiss and I have to make my self.. he is doing well with this but I feel really bad I live him with all my heart and I want to have sex as much as he dose but I am having this problem.... what do I do..

Shandaann18

Hi,
I too am having sexual issues. I am 21,I have been with my hubby for 4 years, married for 3. We have a 2 year old and a 9 mo old. At the start I was very sexually interested and after my first child its just gone down hill and i have no desire to even try to have sex or be turned on.I love my hubby and want to be intimate but getting going is the hardest part. Once i give in and let things happen i eventually get into it. But i actually dread the "getting started". Its really causing som strain bc my hubby feels regected. When i feel that its not him its just me. help

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Shandaann18)

Hi Shandaann

Thank you for your post. I think it may be very likely your hormones have not normalized since the births of your children. Are you still breastfeeding? If so, this may also contribute to lack of sexual desire as many women have experienced this "side effect" of nursing.

I think a hormonal check up is in order for you - there is help out there but you need to pinpoint the issue first. Getting this done is a good first step!

Good luck and please keep us posted!
`Susan

Anonymous

I am 21, a female, with zero sex drive, and I know why. I hate being female. I have always hated it, since I knew the difference. I don't know what to do. I am not an unattractive woman, but I am still a woman and I hate it. I have nothing against women as a gender. But I simply hate the fact that I AM a woman. However, there is nothing I can do about this. Any advice on how to change my perspective? I realize it may seem a stupid question as I am the only one who can change my perspective, but I see nothing good about me being a woman. I have only ever been looked down upon and abused because of it.

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

You are not alone; I have met other women and men when I worked at a University that despised their given gender, and would do anything to be the opposite gender. It is called "transgender" and there are many options and resources available to you!

- You can find an expert in transgender issues at: American Psychological Association (APA): Transgender.

Do you think medical companies should continue to search for a "female Viagra" in the hopes of one day receiving FDA approval?: